Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 502 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
How does the weight/pedalling compare with the Gemini. Thinking about picking up one of those frames.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My Perp 1 Arived Damaged

Well my Perp 1 frame set arrived at my LBS today. Went over to drop off the Glory (to swap the parts) and was shocked to see how Cdal packed a 2k frame. It was just droped into a box, thats it, no foam, no padding, no nothing.

As such, the entire shock linkage is all mared up with deep gouges and needs replacing. Good god this sucks:mad:

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
banano said:
i know but it's more rideable for my tracks!;)
in switzerland we hafe very tight single trails to, and its ok with 117.5cm. and for the torbole (IT) terrain its perfect ;-)

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Dirty Perp.

the rollout is done. the best bike i hafe ever tried. its a large but very small mesure
in the tight turns it is like a snake, on the highspeed sections very stable!! go with the perp - work with the perp and you will never find a better combo!
sorry US folks, but the Perp is like a RU MIG24: simple but efficient!!
the perp is for me the right choice!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
What a Great Bike

Love your Perp 8664-Sounds like it is the perfect bike for you and the trails-I sure would like to be able to ride some trails in Switzerland, I can imagine how beautiful they must be, some day maybe!:)

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Wick said:
Love your Perp 8664-Sounds like it is the perfect bike for you and the trails-I sure would like to be able to ride some trails in Switzerland, I can imagine how beautiful they must be, some day maybe!:)
yes this bike is the solution for me!!
i was the hole after noon in the forest with my perp!
i think the judge is in the same big class!! the large perp is the right choice for me, peronally i like the front triangle more on the perp.
tell me when you visit europe!

·
Registered
234 Posts
A Solution For You

Hey 8664.......

I have a solution for you you might like. If you want to take all that black tape off your swing arm & still be able to see the nice paint underneath (but still have chain slap protection), here is what I do with all my bikes...

I take clear vinyl flexible tubing (the kind from say a Home Depot used for washing machines or sinks), cut it to fit the section and slice it down the center. Then wrap it over the arm and zip tie it on. The stuff is like 1/8" thick, totally noise dampening and is indestructible.

Here it is on my Glory (soon the be the Perp)....Just a thought for ya:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 502 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.