Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MidnightBroomstickCowboy
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so it's not mine but it's would be awesome to see these take on the downhill circuit.

·
MidnightBroomstickCowboy
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
trained_monkey said:
But I'd love to have one:

Its a Coker Wheelman.
awesome, thanks for the brand. Do they sell them in full size???

·
HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
923 Posts
Penny pincher

I got's me one of those...got it for $75 off some older lady on Craigslist here in Anchorage. Upgraded the seat...stole one off my Olympia town bike.

Some info:
36" Front / 12" Rear
Made early to mid-90s
Freewheel hub
The company did a 36" wheel bike after they made this. They currently offer a couple 36" unicycles.

Gets more smiles per miles then my other bike for sure!!

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
Those things are wierd...... But cool none the less. Is the ride comfortable? And what is the intended application for this type of bike?

·
Registered
524 Posts
homeslice said:
... would be awesome to see these take on the downhill circuit.

You can ride a Penny Farthing downhill ;)

sodak06 said:
Those things are wierd...... But cool none the less. Is the ride comfortable? And what is the intended application for this type of bike?
They were originally the race bikes and the best form of entertainment of yester-year. Much like what Track cycling was in the 1920's. Wiki info here.

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
You can ride a Penny Farthing downhill ;)

Man that might have been the funniest video I have ever seen. Thanks for that, you made my Monday!! Ohh.. and thanks for the info on this bike.

·
wanna dance?
1,074 Posts
There was a guy who circumnavigated the globe on one a year or two ago. Guy had legs like tree trunks.

Mark Twain wrote about learning to ride one. Pretty funny read, as you'd expect.

When people rode Penny Farthings, a few streets were "paved" with stones. Most were muddy, horse-rutted roads. First mountain bikes (sigh)...

·
Fahrrad fahren
305 Posts
Still at it.

HotBlack said:
There was a guy who circumnavigated the globe on one a year or two ago. Guy had legs like tree trunks.

Mark Twain wrote about learning to ride one. Pretty funny read, as you'd expect.

When people rode Penny Farthings, a few streets were "paved" with stones. Most were muddy, horse-rutted roads. First mountain bikes (sigh)...
Actually, he is still at it. He was in my town in Maryland a couple of weeks ago.
https://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/display.htm?StoryID=76762

His Web site is HERE.

I don't have one 'yet', but my friend Eric just got his second one and is restoring it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.