Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Singlespeed Enduro Poser
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember those old school pics when you first started riding? running shoes and your day to day backpacks was your gear? How about that walmart bike that you were riding?

Here is a picture of me in BLT(San Diego) where i first threw a leg over a mountain bike. Date taken April 2007. It will take a year and 10 months for me to get on the mountain bike again.

Bike:

Mongoose (unkown model)
purchase at Sears for $220 and i thought that shyat was expensive!

Gear:
Basket ball shorts
Gap sleeveless cotton shirt
Puma soccer style shoes

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
53119 said:
are those og skyways in that top pic, dion?
Hellz yeah! Check out Master Blaster Planet on eBay - I think they still have them!

I used to rock Coaster Brake on those and was able to do a million variations of abubacas because of the ability to just brake by pushing back. I love those days. :(

·
CoolArrow
2,473 Posts
wow, those bmx shots really take me back.. cool wall ride!

1993 or 94... Riding a Green Bully:

1994 or 1995? Making the jump (pun intended) to mountain bikes:

Bike was my 15 inch Kona Hahanna, 120mm zoom stem, Manitou Sport Fork (I think?), imitation Shimano DX pedals, and Panaracer Smoke/Dart tires.. Scott Cam Rear brakes,oh, and Oakly Blades too!

Maybe not so "old school" but this is about 2005:

Diamondback XTS3 with Marz Z1 I think...

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie!
325 Posts
These photos are freakin awesome. Sadly, there were not many/any taken back when I first started, but Ive found some along the way. This is me circa 1990 (about 14y/o) winning my first keiran :)

Attachments

·
Terrain Sculptor
4,692 Posts
Repack, does the bike in the '76 picture have a springer fork? I'm asking because there was a fellow in the late 50's & early 60's in Ontario Canada building off-road bikes with springer forks. The last time I saw one of those was about 1970.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Repack Rider said:
1974, Fairfax Criterium

1976, Repack Downhill

1978, same hill, different bike

Last year, Old Skool 4 fun

What do I win?
Holy s***. I love the internet. I really do.

·
Kilted Cyclist
360 Posts
I started riding and racing in 1989 and we didn't take many pictures back then. I wish I have some photos to show you guys.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.