Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was surprised by it actually. I sat on it right away and regretted getting it because it felt too small. I slammed the seat back to the furthest possible position and set it at the right height and it felt a lot better. However, I wouldn't want to run it like that because it'll mess with the seat angle and in my opinion although I'll fit on the large I dont think it'll ride how I want and where/what I want. It rode really well on point and shoot stuff as well as some more tech steep stuff that I did the following day. I would probably try the large but I think the sizing isn't quite right. Although it looks alright, I wasn't blown away by the looks of it. I didn't look at it at the geeeeeeez that's nice.

It convinced me that a 29er will work for me anyways.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Here is My MyO Rallon w/ 2020 Linkage

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle wheel

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
MyO Main color- Chartreuse Green, Secondary Color-Jade Green.

Build specs:
2018 Orbea Rallon w/ 2020 linkage
Fork- 2019 Fox 36 170 Grip 2
Shock- 2019 Fox DHX2 230x65 (170mm rear travel)
Wheels- Santa Cruz Reserve 30 i9 hubs
Tires- Maxxis Minion DHF 2.6 front, Aggressor 2.5 rear
Race face Next R 35 Bars/Turbine 35 50mm stem
Brakes- Shimano XT M8020 4 piston F&R w/ 203mm rotors
Cranks- Raceface Next R 170mm w/ power meter spindle
Drivetrain- SRAM GX Eagle Cassette, Derailleur, and shifter
Seatpost- One up 170mm dropper V1
Grips- Wolftooth Fat Paw
Pedals- Crank Bro's Mallet E LS

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
That looks great. The blue Industry Nine spoked wheels are a nice touch.:)

Is that "mouse grey" or "metallic graphite grey" on the Orbea logos? I'm guessing "metallic graphite grey" as it seems to match the small finishing details on the rest of the frame?

What colour did you choose for the Oiz logo on the top tube?

Did you have the original shock and fork rebuilt to remove the lockouts or are they complete new parts?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That looks great. The blue Industry Nine spoked wheels are a nice touch.:)

Is that "mouse grey" or "metallic graphite grey" on the Orbea logos? I'm guessing "metallic graphite grey" as it seems to match the small finishing details on the rest of the frame?

What colour did you choose for the Oiz logo on the top tube?

Did you have the original shock and fork rebuilt to remove the lockouts or are they complete new parts?
It's the metallic grey.

It was ordered as only a frame so it comes stock with the 100mm travel rear suspension. We swapped it out with a non remote shock to make it 120mm travel and installed a non remote fork. This build would have had magura MT-8 brakes, but the rear caliper does not fit this frame. So it was XTR instead.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I ended up buying a bike in one of the stock colour schemes but this is what I was thinking of for a MyO Orbea Oiz:

It's gloss metallic silver main frame colour, metallic graphite for the logos and then red highlights.:)

Having seen a few real Orbea bikes I think the gloss paint finishes look a lot better than matte finish. Gloss finish is far easier to clean too.

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Bicycle tire Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Wheel Tire

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.