Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

381 - 400 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I just got my first FS mountain bike. A leftover 2011 Teocali Elite on Amazon. I'm so happy with this bike. I love the 26", 2x10, and the plush travel. I have so much confidence on this compared to my hardtail.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Xr-100

Mongoose XR-100 not sure what year I bought it used. Only mods are the red lights in the spokes and the CREE head light. I ride a lot at night.

IMG_0907.JPG IMG_1044.jpeg

·
Registered
49 Posts
My XR-Comp I rebuilt.

Raidon 120mm fork
Epicon rear shock
Avid Hydros

New stem, bars, saddle, grips, wheelset, peddles ect...

I live in KS, no mountains here so this is all I need. Got about $450 into it, no need to drop a K on brand name bikes with the trails around me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
352 Posts
New Fork for the Teocali

New 160mm-120mm SR Suntour Durolux RC2 TA, it is a 2010 chassis with the new RC2 dampener and travel adjust cartridge.
Also switched it a 2X9 setup with a Bionicon Chain Guide and Race Face bash-guard.

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
Here is my 2001 (I think) Mongoose Solution from Sports Authority with the good old Judy TT shocks. It has surprisingly remained stock since I bought it. It served me well enough on trails and paths but I had to true the rims after each ride. It needs a lot of upgrades. I just got an Airborne hardtail so I will likely sell this soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2002-2003 MongoosePro Grand Marquis frame ready for my first bike build. Bought it off of eBay as brand new old stock. Thankfully it came with a bunch of spare parts cause I imagine it would be hard to find replacements. MongoosePro Grand Marquis.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
I almost bought that BikeLord. Good catch!
Thanks! I have a hard tail Marin so this build will be an All Mountain type bike. Hope it can take my riding style as I tend to enjoy things such as jumps and drops. :)

So far I've gotten the seatpost clamp, seatpost, headset, bars, grips, and Truvative single ring crankset ready to go on.

381 - 400 of 446 Posts