Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are mine from over the years. I started with a Ridgeline and upgraded to a Pro29. I'm in the process of trading in my Pro29 for a 2015 Pro 29 FS-120! I'll post pics of the new ride as soon as it arrives.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2013 Lynskey Pro 29

My 1st Lynskey... really love it. Just finished getting it together.
20150126_175040 (1).jpg

Specs
Stans Arch wheelset
Rockshox Reba Race Dual air set at 60mm
Cane Creek Headset
Niner stem
Niner carbon RDO bars
XT Bottom Bracket
XT Brakes
XT cranks
XT derailleur
XT shifter
XT Trail pedals
ESI Chunky grips
RaceFace Narrow Wide Chainring 34
RaceFace Next Carbon seatpost
Fizic alliance seat
Specialized S works Fast Trac 2.0 rear
Specialized S works Fast Trac 2.2 Front

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Yes that was a GS. I upgraded to a GS ADV and a pro29 ;)

Now I've got an FS120 Pro29 arriving this week. I'm excited.

What tire's are those? I've been wrestling with that choice lately. I've got the rest of the stuff dialed in. We live in NC and I've been running Specialized Ground Control which seems to work well for most of our trails. I was told by a trusted LBS that the Ardent is good too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use the Specialized fast traks s works. I only use the S works where there are not many rocks. I use the std fast tracks for rocky areas here in Dallas area trails. I love the way they roll and they have great grip on hardpack / loose surface dirt. I have used the Ground controls also. They work great too. I have used the fast trac in the rear and ground control up front...this combo works really wel. I have not used the Ardent. You will have to give a review of the FS120.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was told by a trusted LBS that the Ardent is good too.
Ardent is very good. I have been running them on my FS140 with a stan's tubeless setup. They seal quickly with Stan's sealant. Very good traction as well.

·
I Love Bikes and Parts
29 Posts
Pro 29 1(32T) x 10(11-42)

Lynskey29.jpg

2014 Lynskey Pro 29

• Rockshox Sid RCT3
  • XT Ice Tech Brakes
  • XTR Crank - 33 T Wolf Tooth Ring
  • XTR Shifter & Shadow Plus Rear Derailleur & Pedals
  • 11-42 w/ 42T Wolf Tooth Ring
  • i9 Classic Torch Hubs w/ Stans Flow EX rims - SS spokes
  • Thomson Seatpost, Stem, Carbon Handlebar
  • Specialized Henge Seat & Captain tires 2.2 front - 2.2 rear

·
Registered
2 Posts
2014 MT29 Silver Series

RockShox Reba RL 120mm
Thomson Elite Seatpost
3T Xida Pro stem and handlebar
Hope headset
XT 1x10 setup, E Thirteen G-Ring
Fun Works N-Light Evo Atmosphere SL Wheels
Schwalbe Racing Ralph Evo

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2015 Lynskey FS120 Pro29

Built up Thursday. Two rides in only. I'll post a detailed opinion soon. So far - AWESOME!

Frame: FS120 Pro29
Rear Sus: RS
Fork: 2015 Pike 120
Wheels: I9 Trail
Tires: Specialized Ground Control
Crank: Sram XX1
BB: Praxis
Front Chain Ring: Wolftooth
Rr Cass: XTR = 42t Wolftooth
Rr Der: XTR
Bars: Carver Ti
Stem: Thomson X4
Saddle: Adamo

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Beautiful bike. Can you also review the Carver Ti? Also how do you like the adamo saddle?

I almost pull the trigger on the carver ti bar but couldn't do it because of the 50 gram of weigh penalty over my current carbon EC70 bar. But deep down, I want a ti bar on my ti bike. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks!

I had EC90 Carbon bars before the Carver Ti. They were light and durable. No complaints. I switched to the Carver bars because I like the look of Ti and wanted to join the 21st century with +700mm bars. So far I really like the Carver bar. They are beautiful. Some will bring up the topic of stiffness when comparing Ti to carbon but I don't notice any difference on a FS bike. The weight difference is negligible to me.

I swear by the Adamo saddle. I have had one a long time. I was one of their original reviewers back in the day. The point of that review was that I had nerve problems that caused toe numbness. When I switched to the Adamo, I could simply ride and not worry about the numbness. I get a bit a flack from some of the MTB guys but who cares if you can ride comfortably.

The Adamo like the Lynskey FS might not be for everyone but they have made me very happy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a FS140. We are bucking the trends here when everyone is going with carbon bikes. But, I was sold by "Made in USA" and the price being equal to the carbon. Carbon bikes come and go, this one will stay a classic...I truly believe that.

By the way, mine is the 2014 model. They must have cut some weight going with that 6.4Ti toptube because I can't get my full XT 2x10/ Pike/ Stans Flows to under 28lbs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was between the fs120 and the Ibis Riley. I couldnt stop thinking about carbon chips, cracks, and creaks. The Ripley is very nice but I've been treated very well by the guys at Lynskey so figured they deserved the business.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Built up Thursday. Two rides in only. I'll post a detailed opinion soon. So far - AWESOME!

Frame: FS120 Pro29
Rear Sus: RS
Fork: 2015 Pike 120
Wheels: I9 Trail
Tires: Specialized Ground Control
Crank: Sram XX1
BB: Praxis
Front Chain Ring: Wolftooth
Rr Cass: XTR = 42t Wolftooth
Rr Der: XTR
Bars: Carver Ti
Stem: Thomson X4
Saddle: Adamo
Awesome looking! .... love the wheelset. Did you custom build them

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
This is my first Ti bike. It rides very nice! Its not a mountain bike, but there aren't many pictures here so why not.

Lynskey.jpg

Lynskey 2.jpg

1 - 20 of 63 Posts