Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2241 - 2260 of 2276 Posts

·
It's the axle
1,765 Posts
Spamming away with a bunch of pics as well. Had some proper rides on it over the last few days, some minor adjustments but otherwise it's just great.

Hey, I emailed Trickstuff to order brakes, and they said silver brakes can only come with a black reservoir cap. You've got silver reservoir caps! How did you do that? /silly first world questions

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey, I emailed Trickstuff to order brakes, and they said silver brakes can only come with a black reservoir cap. You've got silver reservoir caps! How did you do that? /silly first world questions
When I ordered those a couple of years back, there were no silver option at all. So I ended up making an order for them to be fully custom made in silver, which did cost me an additional €200 (no worries though since they're already so cheap to start with haha...).
Not sure if they still offer that service, but if it's just about the reservoir caps I'd just sand or chemically strip them and call it a day.

·
Registered
25 Posts
[drops jaw]

Gustav, you've been a huge inspiration and I just have to say again that the details on your builds are beyond impressive and you haven't even shared them all I am sure... this is nuts!
Thinking about it, the brakes themselves were actually a bit cheaper back then so the custom ano was €250 haha... :rolleyes:

But thanks for your kind words! Those builds were quite special indeed, I was in a time and place in life were it was right to just go for it so I did. No expenses spared.

I sold them both a couple of months ago, but I'll build a new Spark for the 2019 season. It won't be just as light, a bit more focus to optimize it for pure function, speed and looks. But as usual I have some crazy plans for it.

I hope you'll follow along! If there's interest enough I might try and keep a build thread going on here. It's just that there's so much to do and so little time, hence Instagram being my main platform. :)

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'll build a new Spark for the 2019 season. It won't be just as light, a bit more focus to optimize it for pure function, speed and looks. But as usual I have some crazy plans for it.

I hope you'll follow along! If there's interest enough I might try and keep a build thread going on here. It's just that there's so much to do and so little time, hence Instagram being my main platform. :)
Hey that sounds like an awesome project! Keep it really light and super functional. A build thread would be awesome! Put it in the 29er forum and you'll get a lot of stoke and engagement.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Final build for this amazing bespoke WOOD FRAME by Manel Pereira

Custom frame/saddle/cassette/ring&pulleys.. I feel fortunate 
With such a setup, I cannot wait for the 2019 marathon season to start up..

Leaf through the full build thread.
and more detailed pictures.

What do you think about it ?
Share Manuel's work, he deserves more coverage ;)

...a bike with a soul, thanks to Gelu carbon creation Tune Garbaruk Bike Components KA Engineering TUFO BrakeForceOne Noxon - PMP Bike light-bikes.fr VeloChannel Magazine

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
^That frame is gorgeous. But that rear triangle makes me nervous.

·
Specialized
969 Posts
That frame is beautiful . Good job Manel . Unfortunately the guys who put the most effort get the least views .

·
Orange Bikes USA Dealer
1,366 Posts
That frame is beautiful . Good job Manel . Unfortunately the guys who put the most effort get the least views .
Essentially life.

·
Specialized
969 Posts
Sub 4.9kg !!!

Added more kevlar fabric to the saddle/seatpost, bar/ stem and reinforced the BB . Has added nearly 400grams but the bike can cope with a lot more now . Still sub 4.9kg .

Attachments

·
chasing simplicity
1,271 Posts
2019 SC Blur. 21.85 lbs as shown. Light weight but not ultra weight weenie...xc marathon ready!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not the lightest but at 9.6k is fun for a big dude. Frame 20 aluminum, I think is not bad
. I can cut more in some places but no need it. I reach my goal under 10 kg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2241 - 2260 of 2276 Posts