Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2221 - 2240 of 2276 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
20.9-lb FS 29er, M9007 Pro-Mance frame with ultralight T800/T1000 construction. Initial plan was to stay under 20 lbs, but the frame came back 200g heavier than expected, so I kind of gave up. I could still get it under 20 pounds by switching out Maxxis Ikons for Rocket Rons, going stingier on sealant, getting a boutique seatpost, and switching to eggbeaters. But at this point it's just a race machine with a few extra grams over 20 pounds.

Full review: http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-bikes/21lb-fs-29er-build-pro-mance-m9007-1076993.html

View attachment 1196010

View attachment 1196011
Mind sharing the frame weight only at what size? I like the shock rocker matching the fork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
718 Posts
Mind sharing the frame weight only at what size? I like the shock rocker matching the fork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Frame weight is heavy, 2020g. Shock was 211g, hardware is additional weight.

The entire bike actually weighed 20.5 lbs after I took it to the scale after switching out with Maxxis Forekaster tires and going stingier on sealant. RoRos would have put it down below 20lbs I speculate.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Spamming away with a bunch of pics as well. Had some proper rides on it over the last few days, some minor adjustments but otherwise it's just great.
Seriously, you have done an awesome job! Hundreds and hundreds of build hours I am sure. Bike has come a long ways aesthetically since the Pinkbike article. Puts my bike to shame. Super light, I can hardly comprehend how the grams add up to just that weight! You must have loaded pressurized helium in that frame.

Any sponsorship deals coming from Scott yet? :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seriously, you have done an awesome job! Hundreds and hundreds of build hours I am sure. Bike has come a long ways aesthetically since the Pinkbike article. Puts my bike to shame. Super light, I can hardly comprehend how the grams add up to just that weight! You must have loaded pressurized helium in that frame.

Any sponsorship deals coming from Scott yet? :)
Thanks a lot for those words!
Just like you say it all adds up. And what I'm really happy about is that they ride so well when pushing them. They got lockout and good suspension, big gearing, good enough braking power (yes even with flimsy Ashima discs, only real problem with them is uneven pad wear) and lighter than most no matter how heavy tires you put on there.
Which is also probably one of the biggest reasons why so many people seem to like them, even non xc rider or weight weenies haha.

I actually sold the DT wheels which gave me a "clean canvas" to start from. Those set the theme from the start, but felt good going a cleaner route and still have it "pop" a bit more compared to the Scale thanks to the metallic blue.

Went wild with the paint job for my Genius build though, I honestly just wanted to build a bike that put a huge smile on me when I see it. And it does! Just waiting for a custom CNC'd remote with integrated Di2 shift buttons, then it'll be finished.

No sponsorship yet really, but we've been in contact and maybe we can figure something win-win out for any upcoming build. :)

·
Orange Bikes USA Dealer
1,366 Posts
New Santa Cruz Blur
20181003_193851.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
20.5 lb Storck

20160804_130727.jpg

This bike is a light and nimble climbing machine. It chews up PNW single tracks like nobodies business. I currently have it set up as a 1 x 10 which has worked out well for this area. For a heavier rider (ca. 210 lbs) it strikes the right balance for light weight and strength.

Weight with Susp.fork = 20.5 lbs
Carbon Fork = 19 lbs
Fox 32 Fit 100 Terralogik
Tune wheel set (sub 1400 gm)
Extra light cranks and 32t chainring
KMC X10SL DLC, Red
Sram XO 1099 Cassett 11-36
XO shifter/derailer
Truvativ Nior T40 Flat Bar
Origin 8 Stem
USE, Alien 360 seat post

·
Registered
6 Posts
20181117_151758.jpg 20181117_152252.jpg

Just got this Custom Volvo FSI 2019 Hi Mod a couple days back. Wheelset is a relaced Stan's Podium SRD with extralite front lefty hub, DT 240s rear and Sapim Super Spokes. 1.14kg total. XX1 groupset and brakes with SisL2 crank along with Ax Lightness Stem, handlebar and seatpost.

Apologies if the pictures don't do justice. The clearer ones just don't seem to be able to get uploaded.

·
Registered
6 Posts
WOW! Holy smoke that's cool! Custom paint job? Is there anywhere one can find more pics and details on this build?

Nice work man!
Hey bro. It's just a limited edition Retro Volvo Frame. The other colour being the red one.They sell them as a frame and fork combi. Thanks again for the kind words.

2221 - 2240 of 2276 Posts