Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start.

I picked up my XC-604 freshly built early 2010 from a local rider that decided he liked cx better.

I have new BWW wheels on order and plan on ditching the dual control levers also. The new wheels are red hub/rim Pure XCR with black nipples/spokes and I have a few red things I can add to finish the color scheme.

I tow our Adams Trail-a-bike shifter around with it and have had the kids on some trails with it also---works great.

Attachments

·
Double XL! Double XL!
124 Posts
Yeah first to reply!

Not much but the 204 gets the job done. Don't mind hoppin my xc bike either haha

·
Registered
383 Posts
Here's an older pic of my KHS XC-204 I built up. I've since upgrade the shock to Monarch 4.2 and the fork to a Reba Team. I need to take a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Since this is the "official" post your KHS pics thread, I'll repost mine for you all to gander at. Weighs in at 30ish pounds as told by the bathroom scale.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
What is the difference between the XC series frames? I have a XC-604 that I keep promising picks of ( sometime this week) and it looks just like the XC-204.....

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same frame to my knowledge, just different level of components like rear shock.

·
Registered
383 Posts
bikingsoul said:
What is the difference between the XC series frames? I have a XC-604 that I keep promising picks of ( sometime this week) and it looks just like the XC-204.....
The difference is the shock the frame comes with. I believe the Team frames are made of lighter 7075 Aluminum. The design of all the frames are the same.

·
NedwannaB
12,776 Posts
T for ??

the-one1 said:
Well, technically the XCT is not part of the XC group. It has the "T" in it's name.
But yeah, the XC*04 all shared the same frame, just different shock.
Trick? Technical? Trail?

Right. the XC 2-6 series are same with dif components. There is some other '5' series complete bikes too, but they have a different linkage setup then the XCT 555 frame (me thinks....) then I'm getting.

The 'Team' is more of a XC 'race' setup given the 7000 series aluminum material. Looks similar to the Giant NRS of old. If economy starts back up soon I may pick up one of those frames to build up a rocket aswell.:cool:

All good, technically speaking ofcourse.:D

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After I get my new Pure wheelset, I may finally throw mine on a scale. Or maybe I'll just weigh the wheels and be happy...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here's mine!

It's a 1993 KHS Montana Comp. It doesn't look like this anymore, as I'm currently working on rebuilding it.

Right now, all it's got left on it is the Derailleurs, wheels and crank. The bike was left out in rainy weather for a few seasons, and it has some rust on the frame in certain areas, like the air vent above the rear wheel on the triangle. I'm not sure if this will affect the integrity of the frame or cause it to be dangerous to ride or not? Any tips to determine if the frame is still worth salvaging? I guess if it's not, I'll just salvage what components I have and buy some random frame to throw them on.

PS Glad we finally got a KHS forum!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Stationary mode

Muddy Mode

100k race mode

Oh, should tell you what it is, its a XC-604 SE. Its an Australian special (well, as far as I know). It was the same as the standard 604 but it a Pearl White colour and had better spec's.

·
Double XL! Double XL!
124 Posts
that's a really nice 604. the angle of the 2nd photo makes it look like the crank arm is sticking straight out haha.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How about a crappy shot of my XC-604 with Trail-a-bike attached laying on the side of the trail while we have Kool-aid/granola bars?

We did about 3 miles at Waverly Park here in Louisville. That's our almost 9 year old and she said it was the most fun she's ever had. I'll be picking up a 24" mtb for her once I see one for sale on CL or otherwise locally. She's actually ridden Mommy's 29"er even though she can't touch ground on it yet.

Attachments

·
Double XL! Double XL!
124 Posts
SuperJETT said:
How about a crappy shot of my XC-604
Is that what you call your kid? poor poor child :D

·
Suburban *******
398 Posts
**HOLD**

I'll try to get some pix of my XC-304 later. Bought the frame from Jensen a few years ago and built it up. Manitou Black Comp fork (100/120), LX front, XT rear derailleurs, KORE post and stem, Avid 1st gen mechanical discs,Sun DS-2 xc rims, WTB EnduroRaptor tires, SDG saddle, Deore shifters and crank, Ritchey Comp pedals, Cane Creek headset........

1 - 20 of 285 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.