Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 677 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. I follow the tradition of the Post Your.... threads:
So here's mine - but I want to see yours !

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
Cool Judge

Dan is right Gemini that is a great lookin bike- from what I understand they do their job very well to. Post a bigger photo(s) if you can.

·
a.k.a.-Cranial Disharmony
238 Posts
[wiping drool off of keyboard...]

Nice Bike!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dan Gerous said:
Now we're talking! :thumbsup:

I rarely see UST tires on downhill rigs... but it makes much sense. Okay now, let's see some action pictures!
Burp!

That's the best reason I can think of. At the low pressures you might like to run on a DH bike it could be hard to keep the beads seated. I know I burp the tires on my Prophet regularly with 30psi in them. At 20psi with big landings and rocky turns you would be in trouble.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
raelx said:
Burp!

That's the best reason I can think of. At the low pressures you might like to run on a DH bike it could be hard to keep the beads seated. I know I burp the tires on my Prophet regularly with 30psi in them. At 20psi with big landings and rocky turns you would be in trouble.
Really? Do you have Mavic UST rims? Real UST tires? I have a hard time popping the beads off the rim's hooks even when I let go all the air. I usually run 27PSI front and 30PSI rear and never burped... I don't do huge drops like a bike like the Judge want to though (heck, I'm riding a set of Crossmax SL!). I have seen a lot of burps with people who use tubeless converted regular tires though.

·
Registered
310 Posts
well gemini, it seems that you are the first with this beauty. I was told by my LBS that the judges will be shipping judges as of june1st (in germany). I think i might just have to get myself a frame as well:D . do you have any other shots of the bike or action pics?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PblcNme said:
well gemini, it seems that you are the first with this beauty. I was told by my LBS that the judges will be shipping judges as of june1st (in germany). I think i might just have to get myself a frame as well:D . do you have any other shots of the bike or action pics?
Get yourself that frame ! It's awesome ! With a little extra training you can pedal uphill quite well - same like the good ol' Gemini DH ! By just buying the frame you'll get a real deal ! Unfortunately I don't have any other shots from that bike 'till now but as the season progresses there will come more and more pics on the HP www.frosthelm.de
Ride On !

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got a message today from Doug Dalton. He said they will introduce the Judge this week to the US market - means the bike will be in the shops very soon !
And they will make the "The Cut" Jerseys and Shorts available soon !
Hope to make you happy !

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dan Gerous said:
Now we're talking! :thumbsup:

I rarely see UST tires on downhill rigs... but it makes much sense. Okay now, let's see some action pictures!
O.K. here are some action pix ! Sorry for the quality, but the pix are stills form a Video to at www.frosthelm.de !
Ride on guys'n'girls

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gerardrev said:
please insert also the weight. a beatyful bike. and a small detail, if you down the flat the bike was more stable.
The weight of this bike is about 20 Kilos. In the FR1 version you'll get the weight down to 18,5 Kilos. What do you mean with "if you down the flat the bike was more stable..." ??? I don' t understand !

1 - 20 of 677 Posts