Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like we need a thread for everybody to show off what they've got regardless of model. So post em up! 7 point, 6 point, Azure, Sunday, MKIII, Warrior, whatever!!

I'll start...

Here is my MKIII trailbike. I ride this bike for most everything, trail riding, aggressive XC, light DH, general dicking around.

And here is my current winter project. My plan is to have it done and ready to go by the time Whistler opens next season. Have a way too go yet, but it's gonna be sweet!

·
Fragile - must be Italian
2,308 Posts
My 6point6

This is my 2008 IH 6point6 that I bought from Randall Scott a few months ago. You can tell it's a "RS post IH bankrupcty" bike because of the bloodshed and hate stickers all over it. :thumbsup:

Regardless, I love this thing.

Since this photo was taken, I've changed the wheelset for a Hope/Stans Flow build. The pedals have also been swapped out for Azonic 420's.

Thx...Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is my sunday, not complete yet, waiting on new boxxers. I just put the bombers on so i could go for a roll down the street to feel the BOS. Basic spec is
Fulcrum Red Fire Wheels
Saint Shadow
Formula The One
Funn cranks, bar seat and seat post
Ethirteen SRS

G

·
These are my IH sleds in my stall:

I have dual crown forks for theses, but like the single crowns better for now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice looking ride guys (or gals)! Keep posting them up!

Hey timhill, how do you like you BOS shock? I've always wanted to get pick up a fork, but damn that stuffs expensive! Is it worth it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
888-rydr said:
Nice looking ride guys (or gals)! Keep posting them up!

Hey timhill, how do you like you BOS shock? I've always wanted to get pick up a fork, but damn that stuffs expensive! Is it worth it?
I havent ridden any proper DH tacks yet but just rolling along it is a very plush suspension action. I am yet to fine tune the shock but it is very sensitive over small bumps. I sucks to manual the bike though as there are set up with so much sag, the bike sags under its own wait. It was very expensive and i needed the bos link also so that added to the cost but so far I am pretty sure it was worth it. I could of got the Idylle RaRe cheaper but that is still more expensive than the new boxxers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, keep us posted once you get some time to break her in. I'm sure it's going to be sweet!

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
There are some old threads with MkIII, 6 Point, and 7 Point photos. For a time, I think they were even sticky. Don't know why they're not sticky now.

Nothing wrong with a new thread though. Below is my MkIII with a 2008 frame. (I used to have an '06 frame, but it broke. For details, see my Broken MkIII Front Triangle thread.)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I saw that there was a few "post your ..." threads, but they were pretty limited. There is a lot more IH's out there than just Sunday's and 7 Points...

Nice looking MKIII though! How do you like? I've been pretty blown away with mine so far, it really is just fun to ride.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
888-rydr said:
Nice looking MKIII though! How do you like? I've been pretty blown away with mine so far, it really is just fun to ride.
I like mine too. :D

I found that the top tube was longer when going from the '06 to the '08. I ended up putting a shorter stem on to compensate. (I went from a 110mm to a 90mm stem.)

The other thing that's different from my old '06 setup is that I'm running the stock Fox Float shock. I've been fairly impressed so far. The Float that came with '06 had more low speed compression damping, I think. The 08's Float feels similar, compression damping-wise, to the Cane Creek Cloud Nine that I was running on my '06.

Is that a DHX Air that you have on your MkIII? How do you like it?

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
2006 17"med frame
2009 fox float r 140mm QR with brand new enduro seals and oil and custom decals
thomson 90mmx10 stem
2009 white hussefelt 20mm riser bar
2007 white hayes stroker trail w/ white goodridge cable on the rear
2008 fox float rp2 shock
thomson seatpost
2009 deity choker seat collar
specialized saddle
2008 xtr m970 cranks
2009 e.thirteen LG1+
2008 wellgo MG1 pedals with TI spindle
2008 e13 34t chain ring
2010 sram money green pg-990
2009 shimano xt chain with
2005 x.0 r. derailleur with '08 carbon cage and kcnc ceramic jockey wheels
2007 x.0 r. shifter
schwalbe nobby nic 2.4 fr/specialized eskar 2.3 r

custom chris king/syncros wheelset built in mid-2008
syncros ds23/green king 9mm front/135 rear w/ hd axle + funbolts

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
i like it, too. my next frame will hopefully be a 2009/10 turner in a similar colour.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good looking bikes everybody! I love the way the '08 MKIII frames look.

brokeONE, how do you like your 7 point? I can't wait to get a ride on mine! I've always heard really good things about them...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is my 07(bought in 08) MKIII above Porccupine Rim in Moab. Since the pic, I've put on a RockShox Revelation and a set of Mavic Crossmaxs

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

·
Registered
157 Posts
New Shimano cranks since the pics were taken. and yes my 9yr old daughter wrote some words of encouragement on my bars.

-

-

-

-

·
Registered
810 Posts
888-rydr said:
And here is my current winter project. My plan is to have it done and ready to go by the time Whistler opens next season. Have a way too go yet, but it's gonna be sweet!
888-rydr, let us know how you like the 7pt - at 43+lbs vs the MKIII 27lbs it surely should feel very different pedaling up ! :)
I guess if you leave near a chair lift area and can use it as a dedicated DH then it makes sense... Curious how much that build will cost you ?
I''ve been thinking of building one, but can't justify the few times a year I may do that... a light built 6pt might be a better option for me (if I ever crack my MKIII) for the downhill parts after climbing up, or simply bigger tires on my MKIII (I have 2.2 right now)... decision decision...

your 7pt project looks SWEET!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts