Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured theres stuff to be had around here and Ive popped a couple of the old stomping grounds for a recent ride. Snapped a couple of pics, nothing hard but fun was had. Ive got some from couredelane and tamarack as well as Kamiah that Ill try and dig up.
Figured Id share them and possibly others (on Idaho trails) will do the same.:thumbsup:
Winchester Lake

Goose Creek trail

lewiston

beacon (figured it is on the border)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I met this TOOLBAG at the Velopark. Talking Sh$% about how Idaho is not California and how Boise in particular sucks for freeride. He couldnt even come close to clearing the Inter. or Exp llines @ the park. Just talked a lot of Crap and had a nice bike!

He seemed to be fishing for where the freeride trails are? Trying the Ol' - "this place sucks, if not, then tell me where the good stuff is."

Not that I dont think there is a lack of alternative (other than XC) riding in Boise and have often *****ed about it myself. I certainly dont show up and bag on other peoples sh#$, THAT I CANT EVEN RIDE, then ask where the good trails are!

Do some work, ride some trails, stop talking crap, stop acting like a TOOLBAG and
stop asking for the "goods" that others spent time and effort building so you can ad to your picture collection or what ever!? Trust me...you lack the skills to ride them anyway!

P.S. We could use some help building at the Velo Park if your interested in bettering Boise's lack of DJ/DH/FR..

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zaner31 said:
I met this TOOLBAG at the Velopark. Talking Sh$% about how Idaho is not California and how Boise in particular sucks for freeride. He couldnt even come close to clearing the Inter. or Exp llines @ the park. Just talked a lot of Crap and had a nice bike!

He seemed to be fishing for where the freeride trails are? Trying the Ol' - "this place sucks, if not, then tell me where the good stuff is."

Not that I dont think there is a lack of alternative (other than XC) riding in Boise and have often *****ed about it myself. I certainly dont show up and bag on other peoples sh#$, THAT I CANT EVEN RIDE, then ask where the good trails are!

Do some work, ride some trails, stop talking crap, stop acting like a TOOLBAG and
stop asking for the "goods" that others spent time and effort building so you can ad to your picture collection or what ever!? Trust me...you lack the skills to ride them anyway!

P.S. We could use some help building at the Velo Park if your interested in bettering Boise's lack of DJ/DH/FR..
Granted I had issues mentaly about clearing the doubles, (since been worked out) I came off a broken back last year and a ripped out collar bone with half the tendoins from skull to shoulder missing on a bigger step down. So yeah if Im a little gun shy its for a good reason, I wasnt bagging on the DH fr scene here just the lack of intrest or peeps wanting to join in, lets face it this is a XC roadie town mostly. As I recall I posted for a free shuttle for peeps to ride with me I pay gas and al they just visit and we go ride.
I also gave an EXTREME amount of credit to the park and its evolution over a rather short period of time. As well as the professional build and look of it. I am still impressed as well as its a great place.
I would definently be intrested in building when the other half isnt working!

If you want to know some kick @ss area in slo cal I wont hide them Ill check it out then PM or invite regardless to a group ride. I wont publically let on to the whereabouts, but I will definently be down to ride with just about anyone even XC guys or DJ guys. Riding is riding.

pics were for showing riding and some good stuff, not a brag session, theres plenty more pics for that. This was an attempt to show (loacal stuff) and possibly get others excited to ride.

I have passed #s with several peeps around here and posted open minded and been helpful just to run into no calls, no invites etc.....................................................
Then I started to become bitter and irritated. I go out and try to ride as well as try and get peeps to ride all the time. Its a little frustrating when you run into a brick wall.

So sorry if I came accross bitter and mad!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I must say that I expected a diff. response to my post! I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm about riding and think that you could be a positive force here in Boise with just such enthusiasm. Boise is a town where a huge part of the population rides. Unfortunately a huge population that views mountain biking in only one setting and thinks everyone who rides fast or likes the feeling of jumping is fadish or childish. So be it... We all know how fun bikes can be! I think a place like the VeloPark is a educational tool to let the majority see what is posible and how fun biking can be for all ages. Its a venu to open peoples eyes to things that they might not have ever thought of or only think is done by random young kids with a death wish. I saw an 8 year old hitting the jumps with style the other day and was so impressed, everyone was! Hed seen it done, seen how fun it was and now he's one of the small percentage of a big Boise bike pop. that is more "aware" and at 8 years old no less. This is what its all about.

We can go to land managers, SWIMBA.... and try to get trails built, but until the VPark there was no way to demonstrate, to show them what is possible and what is fun. Thats all about to change. People are blown away by what people are doing out at the park and how much effort is being put into it, theyre being educated. No amount of planning, talks, meetings have or will have as much effect as the park. Brick wall in Boise is the name of the game, thats why everyone is putting thei efforts into th VP.

So, if you want to see what was built before the park, trails that no one will post about then Ill be happy to set up some rides with you! We are enthusiastic too. And would have loved to shuttle Brundage, just didnt have the time at the time. We have a scene, but it has always had to be on the DL, because the powers that be are always out and about on their trail rides.

Thanks for this thread! Its good to see "freeride" in an Idaho Thread. Ill post up some pics soon and PM you contact info if you want to ride.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got back from the VP getting info to email for helping, Ill be there tomorrow at some point the Bob the Brodie rep is coming in town and we are going to fool around a bit there. BTW: I have been riding on a busted up foot (3 places right foot) big toe points inward and swell nightly because I wont stop riding. Figure it cant get infected with no openings to the outside I just cant land on it too hard. Did that and now its pointing inwards :D.

I will definently PM Im almost always down to ride and if the wifes not at the hospital I usually can! Even some partial uphills if needed! Tablerock was a blast the first time I went. Just good ol fashioned goofing off!

Thanks and sorry we got off on the wrong foot.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hey travis! Its leeland (sx trail) guy from the skills park. Hows it going? Got some nice riding pictures. We should go up to the velodrome and ride sometime. I've been sick for the last 2 weeks so I haven't ridden, but that would be fun. Sorry no call back, I've been so busy lately with school and work. PM me and we can go sometime.

Leeland

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great vid, nice height on the wall ride!
Nice, I love Tamarack aside of dust its great. Smokejumper turned out to be fun as well at the end of season. They are doing great job and next season cant come fast enough.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
idaho biker 90 said:
Hey travis! Its leeland (sx trail) guy from the skills park. Hows it going? Got some nice riding pictures. We should go up to the velodrome and ride sometime. I've been sick for the last 2 weeks so I haven't ridden, but that would be fun. Sorry no call back, I've been so busy lately with school and work. PM me and we can go sometime.

Leeland
I appreciate it, I will PM and look forward to riding with you!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kntr said:
Where is the FR stuff in Courdelane? Any good DH shuttles?
Sup Brit, theres a shop in hayden lake mtn cycles I think and the guys are a great bunch. They have some rpetty sick trails that they ride, the beauty creek is pretty exposed and when its snowing and muddy dangerous but fun.
I will try and find the name of it from Bob, he knows them as well as wheelsport east guys know.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well said

zaner31 said:

I agree, nicely put.

·
aaarrrggghh!
631 Posts
First Impressions

If there has been one lesson I've learned over time is to sometimes give it more time. First Impressions are often so misleading about someone's true character. I met Bullcrew today while he was WORKING over at the VP and he seemed like a nice guy. I won't defend his initial remarks, but I can relate to shooting off one's mouth and then regretting what I've said later. Those of you who know me would probably agree ;)

Bullcrew, welcome to the community, help us improve it and our initial impressions will fade away and become water under the bridge. It's good to have another freerider and trail rider willing to improve our trails and opportunities to make the VP a better place to ride. The one thing you wouldn't have understood just moving here is how different things were a couple of years ago and I had some of the same complaints you did but rest assured, this place is already WAY better than it used to be and I'm nothing but positive about the future of riding in the Treasure Valley. We seem to finally have a community of riders willing to give back to their trails. More are needed but it seems to improve all the time. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Let me guess

Disambiguation said:
They were out of factory stickers so I had one custom made. What do you guys think?
View attachment 409665
After reading your last few posts here are some suggestions for bumper stickers on your car.

"I like it stiff in the rear with plenty of travel up front."

"Big penis just another way of saying Big Dick!"

"Disambiguation - the new improved Chulupa"

·
Registered
17 Posts
aenema said:
mixture of buddies in various local locations here in Boise.
Nice pics, I live in Pocatello, and it's very hard to find freeriding "spots" here. Wish they would build a bike park here like how they did in Boise :madman:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts