Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 786 Posts

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are in dire need of a actual picture thread. Heres mine, just got it last week, rides like a dream but I havent taken it downhilling yet, its first downhill run will be at whistler :D

Attachments

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Nice

todd_freeride, That is one sweet looker!

Good luck on its first downhill run at whistler..

Jake Pay, Ibex Here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here's my Alpine 450. I bought it last fall when I got back to school, and I've been riding it as much as possible since. I've had a few loose bolts but other than that nothing has broken.

Attachments

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Congrats Todd!

todd_freeride said:
We are in dire need of a actual picture thread. Heres mine, just got it last week, rides like a dream but I havent taken it downhilling yet, its first downhill run will be at whistler :D
Far cry from the P Series bikes you've owned, eh? Talk about a great place for an inaugural DH ride, too! Let us know how you make out at Wistler. Be sure to go over the bike with a fine toothed comb first. Check and tighten bolts, brakes, headset and anything else thye LBS would do when they uncrate a new bike.

Congrats again, and enjoy the new ride. It's really nice.

Bob

·
Registered
12 Posts
i just got my bike today 5/3 LOVE IT Apogee Sport LT here are some pics :)

what you think??

2006 Apogee Sport LT

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sakai said:
i just got my bike today 5/3 LOVE IT Apogee Sport LT here are some pics :)

what you think??

2006 Apogee Sport LT
Definatly a nice bike indeed. how does it ride on the trail ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
todd_freeride said:
Definatly a nice bike indeed. how does it ride on the trail ?

it rides awesome on the trails, i set the minute one for to 100mm for the climbs and make my way up, and for the down hill i use the full 5 inches at 130mm of travel. and i love it. before i was using a hard tail for this one down hill section i am at and it is amazing going down it. i just love it, bike handles exceptionally well and brakes and everything is great. great bike if you thinking of a all mountain xc bike get this one. i think it has better specs than that asta. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I took the photos for Sakai. He was nice enough to let me ride it too, and it's an excellent bike! It might be a little portly compared to higher-end bikes, but the weight is in just the right spot--low, middle/back. Makes for excellent handling.
As Sakai demonstrates, it is an excellent wheelie bike! :)

EDIT: I also wanted to mention. I have high res copies of all these images and more, if anyone at IBEX is interested in using them on the site or in promo materials. PM me if interested! I know that Sakai and I were both surprised by the gorgeous color of the bike when we finally saw it in person. The picture on the site does not do it justice. On the web it's more of a crayon blue, but in person it is more metallic. Photos taken in bright sunlight or with flash show it off quite a bit better than soft studio lighting.
Anyway, excellent bike Ibex! I am going to have to dump a lot of money into my Heckler build to show up Sakai! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah and hopefully I'll get a picture of YOU crashing next time! (Sorry I popped your bike's crash cherry...) :D

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Holy frame Batman..

DOG, that is so____sweeeeet...Good luck on the build and show the pic as you go alone..Really dude, thats AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Jake Pay, Jealous Here, But Happy 4-U There

·
Registered
209 Posts
FedEx finally found my house :rolleyes:
Now I have a lifetime supply of split paper tubes and rubber bands left over from the packing material :) Thanks to the advanced warning of from others, I managed to get the fork pointing the correct way :D Now I got to go over all those manuals, perhaps I should havae read some of them before assembling the bike? :eekster: nahh.:p

·
Registered
209 Posts
I checked the weight of the whole bike, and the Comp weighs in at 29 lbs with the pedals, according to my not so trusty Shimano fish scale :) . Ibex claims 29.4 with out the pedals.

Also, it looks like Ibex updated their website and claim 7.1 lbs for just the frame and shock

·
Registered
209 Posts
By the way, those stickers on the rims peal right off and don't leave a residue. Looks better without them, I think.

1 - 20 of 786 Posts