Primative Screwhead
319 Posts
My XTC 29er

IMAG2716.jpg

Easton EA90 wheels
XT cassette/cranks
XTR pedals, shifters, mechs
Easton EC90 bars
Manitou Marvel Pro fork set at 100mm (can do 80-120, but it's fine as is)

Pictured on the North South track on Mt Wellington, Tasmania. The trail builders made a nice little seat out the local rock and I often sat here for a few minutes when commuting home.

IMAG3905.jpg

And here next to the arm of an Ent.

·
Registered
770 Posts
big.jpg

Posting my Terrago again. Got a pair of new wheels, a 9sp XT rear derailleur (original LX bit the bullet) and currently waiting for a dropper post to be installed. Got a cheap second hand one that will complete the build.

It's my 2nd bike, but not in a "beater" way. It resides in my hometown and it gets ridden every 2nd weekend when I visit. So it gets some love in the form of new parts.

Current specs:

2007 Giant Terrago small
RS Recon Gold fork (coil)
Mavic 319 rims on XT/Deore hubs
Specialized The Captain front, Fast Trak rear, both 2.2 sport versions, tubes with sealant. (Pretty worn, soon to be replaced with DHF/Ardent combo)
9sp Deore shifters & front der.
XT rear der
Avid Juicy 3 brakes, 185 front, 160 rear (these need to go)
Deore Cranks with 22-32-bash
750 Funn Full On bars
60mm Truvativ Stylo stem
Cheap welgo flats or M520's
Uncomfortable Selle Italia Shiver saddle
Stock Giant seatpost (soon to be replaced with Tranz-X dropper)

·
Registered
47 Posts
2017 Talon 3. Only changed the grips to ODI Rogues so far. I'll upgrade the fork first possibly through the Suntour upgrade program. I'll upgrade other parts as the stock parts deteriorate.

·
Registered
165 Posts
atxlite.jpg

Decided I wanted to use a bunch of my spare parts so I put together a 2017 ATX Lite. Used most of the bits from my 2015 Talon 2. Tektro Auriga hydraulic brakes, Deore 10 speed setup, Raceface Turbine cranks and Deore hollowbottom BB, Scott stem and Easton carbon bars. Put on the Giant branded Kenda tires that came on the Talon as well for now.
The plan is to have it as a loaner or spare bike - and something my wife could commute on, for cheap.
All in, it was a $500cdn bike. So far it seems to perform well enough. I'm not very quick or good on the full rigid yet. I was 8 min slower on my usual 18km loop.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Talon's are a pretty good buy - Stock they are enough mountain bike that you can get a good start and you can upgrade the snot out of them into a pretty decent budget XC racer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Talon's are a pretty good buy - Stock they are enough mountain bike that you can get a good start and you can upgrade the snot out of them into a pretty decent budget XC racer.
Thanks, yeah my friend is an xc racer and his family owns a bike shop so I took his advice and started with the talon.

Sent from my A1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 Giant XTC

I am in the process of building a 2003 Giant XTC frameset up but ran into some issue along the way. It came without any headset and so far, I am having a lot of problems locating the proper and correct headset for the cups that are already on the headtube. As best as I can tell, the outer diameter for both top and bottom is about 50 and the inner diameter is about 41.5 both top and bottom. The main problem is, the recess cup is so deep that I am having issue locating one that will fit properly.
xtc.jpg giant2.jpg giant3.jpg

Any advice or help would be much appreciated. I really want to finish this build and ride the bike outside.

841 - 860 of 876 Posts