Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

821 - 840 of 876 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
decided to order a 60mm stem and a wider handle bar. Feel like im leaning too forward, cant pop up the front end easy nor get a good bunny hop in the position im in. See if this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Giant ATX 27.5

Picked up this beauty today. My parents actually bought it for me as a birthday present (going on 14), as they've seen me eyeing it for a little while. Took it out to the Slaughter Pen trails with my dad and was truly amazed. It's a huge jump from my Miyata!

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Picked up this beauty today. My parents actually bought it for me as a birthday present (going on 14), as they've seen me eyeing it for a little while. Took it out to the Slaughter Pen trails with my dad and was truly amazed. It's a huge jump from my Miyata!
Looks good - enjoy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I won this in a raffle from my gym. I was actually thinking of selling it, but eventually decided to hold on to it and use it to learn off of. Coming from big box store bikes, I was pretty impressed with this bike (even when it was all stock). Ended up getting bored along the way and upgraded a few things here and there.
25460179883_544288efc3_o.jpg

·
Registered
165 Posts
'15 Talon 2, finally back out after a winter of being banished to a trainer in the basement.
springtalon.jpg

Looking forward to hitting some trails this week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Giant Yukon

Hi can someone help me with identifying this bike? I got this really cheap here in Belgium and now om upgrading it with hydraulic disc brakes instead of the mechanical ones.
But my real question is does anybody have specs from it like what tyres where originally on the bike like how wide so i know what width i can fit fiets.jpg

·
Registered
770 Posts
Υou don't have to fit the same tyres as the original spec. Better choose tread and volume based on what your local conditions are and what are you going to do with the the bike.

My guess is that the wheels are 17-19mm internal width, so you should be fine with tyres up to 2.2, maybe 2.3 at a pinch.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Very classy, yet aggressive. Lightweight tyres just aren't worth the risk anyway IMHO. What size is it and what's your height?
Thanks man, I appreciate that. I decided to pass on the local XC races during the early season, but I plan to do more technical and better organized races around the Bay Area later this summer. I like the durability these tires have; some of the courses like Annadel XC will eat tires. Otherwise I would be running some lighter and faster tires.

I'm 6'5, 180 lbs, 36" inseam. And that's an XL frame with a 120 stem :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
pic5.jpg

here's my ride...

Bought the frame. got a lifetime warranty. Hope I never have to use it..

Not much of high end specs...front/rear xt derailleur, xt shifters, truvativ howitzer BB/blaze cranks, 2x9 setup, slx brakes 180/180 discs. Fox float 100 RL... That's about it....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Heres my 2015 Talon 2. I'm still having loads of fun on this ride. I added new Detox platforms and a night light for rides at night. I'm not sure what I will upgrade to when the time comes-- maybe an XTC carbon hardtail.

Attachments

821 - 840 of 876 Posts