Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1294 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back into riding and i wanna see what everyones hardrock looks likes!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
will have pics of mine up soon, waiting for a few replacement things to come in

·
Registered
20 Posts
About time someone started one of these threads for hardrocks.
Here's mine. 2007 Hardrock sport WSD:

Just put this on last week and loving it--Tora 318 solo air

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here is my "NEW" Hardrock

Here is some pics of my "new" 2007 Hardrock. I just picked this up from craigslist for 250. It is a little small (for me, I am 6') and needed adjustments on almost everything, but after some sweat and some reading on this website for help on adjustments, it works great!!!!!!

I am pretty new to this, so I didnt want to spend a lot of money right away..... Maybe in the future I can upgrade, but for now I am very happy with this one. :thumbsup:

PS...That is my sons Hotrock in the background. "Like father, like son"

·
Registered
21 Posts
What size frame is it? I think you got a great deal, considering it's the Hardrock Disc. Sweet color, too.

I'm picking up my '09 Sport today, paid $379, coming from a $1700 Giant NRS2. That bike was overkill for me, so I decided to get a lower end bike and upgrade as I go. I'll learn and have a lot more fun this way, I believe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I dont know what size frame it is. If you or anybody can help me figure it out, that would be great. Is there a certain measurement i can make to determine that? Also, I can't believe you are "down grading". But that is really cool. I cant wait to see pics. I stopped by my local bike shop the other day, and I couldn't even touch a Hardrock for the price you are getting yours. The starting price on a base line Hardrock was 429. Hell my sons hotrock was 420. So you are getting a great deal.

But what is important is I will be putting this bike to the test this sunday. I cant wait to see how it works out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm pretty sure that for a Specialized, the frame size is the measurement from center of the bottom bracket to the center of the top tube.

The MSRP of a Hardrock is $379, so I'm not sure why your shop is asking so much. Mine wanted $389, and I asked them to drop it down and they obliged.

My Giant (small pic since this is a Hardrock thread...is it even allowed? haha)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the help on the measurements. Wish I didnt know :madman:

Size 15. Way to small for me. But O well, I will beat it up. Learn on it, and save for a bigger bike.

I just got back in from a 10 mile test run through some local off-road, road and path. It rides pretty well. I liked it. It is different from the other bike I ride. (Trek 7100 hybrid). It feels a little more sluggish and I have to work more, but handled well on the trail and little off-road path. It was fun though. It just rained here and mud was everywhere:D

Just a heads up too.....More research and I found this website on this bike:

http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/...pecialized&Model=Hardrock+Comp+Disc&Type=bike

But all in all, still very happy.

By the way.....Nice bike. Just curious, why are you going from a FS to a HT. I think that I would love a FS if I could afford it right now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did not want to spend more than $500, so there is no sense considering a FS bike in this price range. Instead of buying a fancy bike, I decided to spend as little as possible for an entry-level, and upgrade as I go to suit my needs and wants after getting some seat time. By the time I'm ready to drop serious dough on a high-end FS bike, I'll know what I'm doing. Plus, for most of my riding I will be doing, a HT will suffice. The Giant's NRS suspension behaved like an HT unless I hit a big bump, so I'm sure I'll get used to a HT.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Makes since to me.

Spec4life, sweet ride. I am curious why you only have one gear in front. I am sorry in advance for asking a lot of questions, but I am new to this and trying to learn as much as I can.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm in the same "boat" as you, trying to learn as much as possible. The Hardrock frame is pretty good, so if I do break stuff as I go, I will replace them with higher end parts and ultimately have a pretty sweet HT by the time I go back to FS.

First time I bend a wheel...its getting some strong wheels with disc brakes :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
MikeK50 said:
*puts on sunglasses*

Those reflectors...sheesh! Is that the General Lee? ;)
My camera didn't do justice to the color of the bike, it's actually a lighter orange than it looks in the post...but I suppose 'orange is still orange' :D :D

1 - 20 of 1294 Posts