Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen many new FTMs up here yet. I felt impelled to put together a large orange with Creamsicle theme (thanks Craig).

Revelation Air U-turn, X9 rear/shifters, XT front, Stylo 2.2, Formula Oro K24, Syncros FLR DS23 wheelset.

Not quite finished. Looking for a few more white bits. But you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
I will post mine up here shortly. Gunna rebuild the wheelset sometime here in a the next few weeks with white spokes to play off of all the black.

BikerBob, I wouldn't be surprised if we are the only two with the FTM currently on the board!

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not for me

YetiBear said:
Hey Bob, that color doesn't go with the vehicle.
It's supposed to go with someone else's vehicle, I hope.

I'm more of a Summer, according to my stylist. My last ML was mango, and silver ano before that.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Would love to but .....

Bob ,

International FTMs:madman:

Ordered an orange large WAAAYYYY back last year through NZ distributor.
But it seems supply went to US first - even thou it is SUMMER here !
My ride will be - reliable solid build
32 Talas 15 mm
Hope pro 2 blue , Stans Arch , Schwalbe Nobbly Nics 2.25 F / 2.1 R
CK headset ,Maxm carb risers , X9 Triggers + RD , XT cranks
Juicy 7 185 , 160 ., Joplin R
Just waiting .... waiting ....

Kiwi Titus Dude

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
The Black and White ones look Hawt......That orange is for someone who really likes orange or wants something different. What gives...2 FTM's built so far for MTBR display. Man the economy must be sucking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was at Hammerhead(in Austin, TX) last week and a guy was appreciating his newly built black FTM. It was a beaut.

BTW, I don't know why they don't just call it a Motolite...:confused:

·
Paper or plastic?
10,160 Posts
CalVinsBike said:
I was at Hammerhead(in Austin, TX) last week and a guy was appreciating his newly built black FTM. It was a beaut.

BTW, I don't know why they don't just call it a Motolite...:confused:
They do, it's a full tilt motolite. :) Since they kept the Motolite in the line up, they had to change the name for the new 5" bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It just seems a bit of over-manufacturing(if that's a word). You can put 5" on the current model. We're only talking minor changes to the frame, besides the hydro forming.
The same goes for the Racer-X versus the X. Just "redesign" the models and continue the line.
I'm not really complaining or griping(Getting last year's carbon Racer-X soon!), it just seems weird.

By the way, I just love that head-badge! It makes me lust after one just because of it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
My Black 'FTM arrived here in the UK at the weekend. (so i can join the fairly short list of Titus owners on this side of the pond) - building her up on thursday, so il post pics asap. Love the subtle understated looks. A beautifully built frame.

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
More than you may have noticed

CalVinsBike said:
It just seems a bit of over-manufacturing(if that's a word). You can put 5" on the current model. We're only talking minor changes to the frame, besides the hydro forming.
The same goes for the Racer-X versus the X. Just "redesign" the models and continue the line.
Many of the changes have been detailed earlier. The derailleur hanger and RP23 remain the same.
Completely new rear triangle, including new HL bolts. New rocker arms. New front triangle design and manufacturing. Every tube is new. Lighter weight. Additional travel. 30.9 seatpost. New cable routing. Incredible new stickerless finish.

When the Motolite was first designed, it was optimized for the then new Talas 90-130mm front fork. The FTM is designed around the 100-140mm Talas. You will notice this when climbing, or when using a shorter stem.

Definitely not just cosmetics.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Took her on one ride thus far CAL, did a write-up on it under the thread "FTM, first ride report"

I am going to get some more time in the saddle hopefully this week now that I have had some time to recoup from my surgery.

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Orange and RED

Trying out some variations.
Here is today's project.

I have more red I could add (rotors, headset spacers) but I am waiting to hear from the chorus.

And where are the photos of the others mentioned above-Texas, UK, New Zealand?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Ewww!

Dom might like it, especially if you had burnt orange ano cable ends. What about black wheels with blue accents? I still cant believe nobody like the creamsicle theme!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Kiwi Orange FTM

And where are the photos of the others mentioned above-Texas, UK, New Zealand?

What about black wheels with blue accents?

Bike still in the LBS window for customers to drool over .
However have gone more conservative on build colours ( eg after my garish Blue ML and red accents )

FTM:Ano Orange - sparkles in the sun ( Any Sun in BikerBobland at present ?)
With Blue Hope Hubs Stans Rims , rest of build , eg CC 110 HS is all black

really lets the frame stand out

Promise to get a photo in the next 24 hrs

·
Paper or plastic?
10,160 Posts
Orange is nice, but color matching that sucker is not exactly easy.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts