Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
These ladies passed me while I was taking pics. I thought I'd catch up to them so I put the hammer down, stopped taking pics...and still couldn't catch them. Some Colorado lady riders are like that. (or maybe it's me? :rolleyes: )

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dengsxr said:
Nice shot there, where do you ride and what time do you get started at to complete 40 miles before work?
That was from midtown, up through Central Park, Riverside Dr to 168 St, then up and across the George Washington Bridge, down onto River Rd/Henry Hudson Dr until the Alpine climb then back along 9W. The photo was taken at the picnic area about a mile North of the bridge.

I didn't have to be in work early this morning, probably left at 6:20, the ride took 2h30 which isn't bad with 140 blocks of Manhattan to negotiate between home and the bridge.

·
My cup runneth over
2,417 Posts
xcguy said:
These ladies passed me while I was taking pics. I thought I'd catch up to them so I put the hammer down, stopped taking pics...and still couldn't catch them. Some Colorado lady riders are like that. (or maybe it's me? :rolleyes: )
Waterton Canyon?

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
shots from Friday:
*Picture credits Dallas and Scrublover
The other side of that technical drop above:

One of these days Zilla, Bang-Zoom to the moon!!!

Keylow's 2nd trip to the D and he crosses Anthem off the list:

Josh on Anthem Great angle. J' sacked up and took this off his list Friday too.:thumbsup:

Big lizard off the big banana "Salvation":
I was loading up for some kind of style. I think that happened right after the shutter... yeah that's it.

No more tablephobia for me:

This looked Soooooo sweet till we all realized he wasn't trying for a no-footer on purpose. that's when It didn't go well.

... As a matter of fact, he sounded like Michael Jackson the rest of the day...
Eeeeeeh Heeeee!

Air Scrublover!

I friggin HATE this drop. The approach to the ladder is totally blind and off line I barely have enough mo to make the tranny. Usually hit the back wheel on the rock.

Dallas has no such problem with Antem:

Dallas on Victory
I love this section. Tricky as shite, point and pray when wet.

More Victory

Stigmata:

Buh-Bye!

Good day!

Remains of the day L2R: Z, Bobby, Dallas, Keylow
+5 others who already broke out. Rode ~7hrs 90* heat. The humidity in the early part of the day was stifling...but it made the trailside beer all the more enjoyable.
Yuengling B&T...two cups up!

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
moosehead said:
Great shots Zill. Those ramps are crazy and Anthem looks incredible.
Heh, The Anthem ladder is narrow, long and downsloping. It's like >2'x 15'+ and its on the other side of a hill crest but off line from the apporach.

I come ripping down the choppy trail, pedal to climb the rise and all of a sudden I see it's off to the left. (I can never remember the fargin line) then I have to tap my brakes, acquire the line and try to get up to speed to make it out to the tranny. Otherwise I'd drop down hard on that rock.

I find trying to pedal while headed down a ladder that's just barely wider than a skinny, and hold the line is unnerving. More than one of my buds have fallen off the side. Bobby was telling us how he once went over, let his bike go and grabbed the tree.:eek: :D

Wase, As TA would say, Go the Jersey.:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts