Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 914 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might as well start this thread since the Flash's are rolling out the door....

Sorry, still another phone picture...I can get better ones later

29er Carbon 1, 1x10 (34x11-26) and cross tires, for winter road/cx riding....17.72lbs with pedals.

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
It would be great to get some stem and seatpost info. I'm looking at your Medium wondering if I'm going to be able to raise that post a little higher. If I can I assume a 120/ -5stem with a flat bar is going to do the trick.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YB1 said:
It would be great to get some stem and seatpost info. I'm looking at your Medium wondering if I'm going to be able to raise that post a little higher. If I can I assume a 120/ -5stem with a flat bar is going to do the trick.
YB....I have a 100mm stem with -5deg. I can pull the seatpost out to max and give you a BB center to seat rails measurement if you like.

·
Registered
481 Posts
That would be really helpful and I would appreciate it. How much is still in the seat tube right now? Looks like you should be able to get another inch or so out of that SAVE post.

I would also love to see some more pix too if you get that better camera. Right now I anticipate going mtn. tubular on my Flash 1 with a 3X10 Sram XX/XO component mix. Edge rims and now I just need to decide on hubs and leaning towards 28 spoke....

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YB1 said:
That would be really helpful and I would appreciate it. How much is still in the seat tube right now? Looks like you should be able to get another inch or so out of that SAVE post.
With the post out to max, it's 770mm (77cm) from center of BB to seat rails.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey Trauma Md
COUPLE QUICK QUESTIONS
1) Why 42-28 combo and not 39-26 normal 29er setup?
2) What spindle did u use for the cannondale cranks? 131 or 132

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
YT said:
Hey Trauma Md
COUPLE QUICK QUESTIONS
1) Why 42-28 combo and not 39-26 normal 29er setup?
2) What spindle did u use for the cannondale cranks? 131 or 132
1. Just the gearing I am used to running. The cassette is 11-32. It's a pretty light bike and I love to climb, so it won't be any different than what I've been running on my previous 29er's.

2. Using the 132. The 131 is for 68mm only. Even though the Cannondale Flash Carbon manual says it's a 68mm shell, it is really a 73.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Cool bike and nice pix!

The gearing however hurts just looking at it. You must be able to sustain 350 watts plus at LT. I don't love the idea of putting a triple on my Flash but don't see anyway around it. Guess I'll end up with XX on the Scalpel and some kind of mish mash on the Flash 29.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Amillmtb: Yes. Keeps my brakes and shifters out wide...and I don't have big hands anyway...

HAL: I have always run 140's on my 29 and 26ers. I'm about 60kg so there's not much to stop

YB1: Thanks a lot, I have finally redeemed myself

1 - 20 of 914 Posts