Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,391 Posts
Carl Hungus said:
Didn't you used to have an Enduro SL? How do you like the Nomad vs. the Enduro SL?
enduro had a taller stand over, extremely long wheelbase, specialized suspension (highly disliked) Like the nomad 10x better.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You guys are doomed on those 35+lb bikes+heat+smoke. Bring a pack of Camels and smoke a few on the way up.

I'm riding my Blur and hoping to get to the top in under an hour so I don't get passed by everyone on a gonad, of course you might be pushing it up first divide.

·
Banned
1,391 Posts
mtbjtd said:
You guys are doomed on those 35+lb bikes+heat+smoke. Bring a pack of Camels and smoke a few on the way up.

I'm riding my Blur and hoping to get to the top in under an hour so I don't get passed by everyone on a gonad, of course you might be pushing it up first divide.
mine is only 32.9. it wont be bad at all. i will be able to charge the dh way faster than guys on hard tails and blur's :p

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Anyone thought about using new Blur LT2? Seems might be a good compromise, but then again I have never ridden the courses so have no real clue.

·
Ground Pounder
310 Posts
Scott owns on big bikes

mtbjtd said:

I know you weren't specifically talking about Scott (SJensen), but you may just be amazed how fast a Nomad can go uphill, especially with a single 36 ring up front.

Good luck up there Scott!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Okie Dokie said:
Anyone thought about using new Blur LT2? Seems might be a good compromise, but then again I have never ridden the courses so have no real clue.
I thought about it, but the price tag and my soon-to-be-a-student-again lifestyle prevented me from taking the next step.

Next year, I'd like to treat myself to a Cannondale Rize as a graduation gift and do the XC race on it. This weekend, I'll be doing both the XC and the DH on my old faithful Cannondale Jekyll.

I read good things about the Spinergy Xyclone Disc wheels I installed a few rides ago, but at 1600g for the set, I'm hoping they can take the abuse...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.