Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
blue streak rfx/pack/spot

dt just shot me this rfx with updated bits but not before we had olympic do a custom powder coat job done. its called blue streak and i dig it! check the custom hydro guides he did up for the udpate. fairly good image of the color too.

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
The Kun

ain't so bad in the Winter....the smell isn't nearly as bad. It is a wet cold and it sucks. And that chem gear will keep you warm. Of couse after a year at the Kun; whenever you hear Lee Greenwod sing from now on you'll start to disrobe. The Kun stays with ya. I was there in the early 90s.

TUMBLEWEED said:
I posted this in the Korean thread earlier, but thought it should still go in here. School bus yellow Burner done up by Spectrum Powderworks in Colorado. Winter officially arrived on the peninsula today!

·
Sponsored by Xanax
358 Posts
Olympic VS. Spectrum

Man I love that school bus yellow!

I'm curious what you guys paid to have the PC work done, from both Spectrum and Olympic. I've heard a lot of good things about Spectrum, and I know that Olympic was the original shop that painted my Burner, so they're worth a look.

The anodizing option being discussed on the forum is NICE, but it's a lot of logistics and potential expense.

·
Registered
619 Posts
cactuscorn said:
dt just shot me this rfx with updated bits but not before we had olympic do a custom powder coat job done. its called blue streak and i dig it! check the custom hydro guides he did up for the udpate. fairly good image of the color too.
Damnit, your not helping my urge to launch the RFX to Olympic PC and I like what Turner did to those brazons. I just wish I had a back up bike to ride for a week or two.

The other ? is do I have the polished rear painted as well, how bout the fork lowers....hmmmm............

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
sorry for all the trouble ive caused ya pal. it wasnt intentional at all. you can do what i did and move to the frozen wastelands of the midwest where you have plenty of time for ugi for 4 or 5 months. it works for me. one thing im considering is to have the rear annoed black to match the rest of the suspension bits. wonder if thats a option? the new hydro guides are indded as sweet as ive ever seen anywhere, anytime. so sano! it was all dt's idea and it did cost me a bit but worth it. i think jarrett told me greg had done the work but im not sure. im also not sure this is a option as much as it was a favor. that ones up to dt but it sure would be cool if he would provide such a service.

ps: still waiting on those damn hope big un hub spacers for the 20 x 110 axle. no charge on my card yet and after a week that makes me nervous. already lookin at a hadley hub, dt 6.1 hoop and some dt comp spokes so if this goes flat ill have a rideable bike in another week. oh goody... more money spent on this "budget bike". weeeeeeeeeee!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.