Registered
3,098 Posts
Don't knock it till you try it

Sam pilgrim downhill fork on road bike, for anyone who doesn't want to click

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,491 Posts
I saw the word down gravel used the other day & I don't think it was for the Evil Chamios Hagar. Had me shaking my head.
It’s a new segment of the market for those that can’t decide if they should ride their gravel bike or downcountry bike. It is part of an industry wide conspiracy to segment the market out until every rider realizes they need 10 bikes to enjoy the full range of mountain biking.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
lol don't give them more ideas. To be fair sometimes it is nice to have more than two bikes when you want to switch things up or the other bikes need work on.

·
Registered
79 Posts

View attachment 1937146
The guy selling this [and a bunch of other] 1Up racks was the "fence" for a bunch of stolen racks. A friend personally knew four people who got theirs stolen in the same night around the time of this CL ad.
The "fence" has since been arrested.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,611 Posts
Not sure where this guy learned how to do math.....

Lots of cheap Amazon/Aliexpress parts.
$1100 frame when new 8-10 years ago.....
$120 rear shock
$150 fork
SLX 11 spd $500(probably too high)

·
Cycologist
8,691 Posts
I like how he made up his own term, "hi mod" and uses it like it's an industry term. Also "KRYPTONITE HECKLER".

·
Bikes in jeans
2,340 Posts
I'll bet he added about a half pound or more with the custom hard to find KRYPTONITE powder coat. It was a cool bike and would still be fun to ride, if it didn't have aliexperss suspension, which is F'ing scary, but pretty laughable all around. I've had some that could use a trim, but the cable sizing and routing is great as well.

3781 - 3800 of 3805 Posts