Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People, post your bikes hanging on your wall, or on a rack indoors. From dorm rooms in Colorado, to apartments in NYC, let us indoor-storage-rack-ers unite!

Phillips Exeter Academy. This is my dorm hallway, and dorm room. Co-head of Exeter Mountain Biking Club and member of New England Championship Varsity Road Cycling Team.

Pic 1 - My Fuel 95 Frameset with King Headset and 04 Duke Race on top. Friend's Jekyll 800 Frameset with Lefty Max on the bottom.

Pic 2 - Same Fuel Frameset on top. My new custom Giant VT with Minute and full xt.

Pic 3 - My dorm corridor. Friend's fixing a Fisher Hardtail. Then my Fuel 95 when it was fully built up. Then my Scott Trials Bike. Then the Jekyll 800 being worked on. Then a Cervelo Soloist Team, my team-mates.

Pic 4 - My Scott Trials, Fuel 95 when fully built up, and my Cannondale/Wheelworks Team Issue with Full Dura-Ace and Spinergy Xaero Lites.

Attachments

·
Can't get right...
556 Posts
My 2 Azonic girls.

Steelhead w/ Azonic Outlaw wheels, Azonic 454 cranks, Azonic Drop seat, Zoke Z1 FR 20mm, Maxxis Holy Rollers, Avid Mech Discs 8 in front 7in rear, E-13 Guide, Sram X7 Der and shifter, Thomsen post and Stem, Azonic Bar w/ oury lockons. WHAT A BUILD!!!

Eliminator w/ Shiver, Saint cranks,Blackspire chainguide, NYC Freeride pedals,Avalanche rear shock, Rear wheel-Hadley hub12mm thru w/ Arrow DHX rim, front Hayes 20mm W/ MTX rim, Diobolous Oversize stem and bar &&&& seatpost, Hayes 8in Brakes f & r, Raceface BB & Zoke seat.Kenda Nevegal 2.5 in rear ans Michy 2.8 bothe soft compound and Tubeless.She's light for a big girl. I love this one too....

I love my girls....more than i love mom...

Attachments

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
E ! said:
Where is the "fridge" ?
thanks.....without a basement in SoCal, I needed at least one room to feel like it was my own.

the fridge is to the left of the pool table in the first picture (cant see in picture). Also, behind me when i took that pic is a dartboard, and a bunch of sport memorabilia / art. All I need to do now is put a keg in the fridge and put a tap on the outside :)

since that picture (about 2 months ago), I have sold the roadbike and sold the Rocky Mountain. Having a new single speed built and cant wait to hang it up....also, probably getting my wife a Trek Fuel EX7 tomorrow to add

cheers

·
Don't touch me!
774 Posts
South Cakalacky reporting

Here are my rigs. Couldn't bear to leave them in the side porch and my room was a little crowded with "golden boy" in there, so I bought a rack earlier this year. What a life-saver.

My roomate has taken a different approach. His clothes rack is made out of a bike!

Attachments

·
Jabberwocky Jockey
809 Posts
My favorite room in the house

The stable "fluctuates" from time to time as the Masi on the trainer has moved on to make room for a Yeti Road Project. The two Santa Cruz's are not mine, they were in for service on the Blur and I converted the Chameleon into a singlespeed (I do a little work on the side).

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
My sanctuary

3 bikes hanging from the wall, 1 on the workstand and 2 more bikes on their way, I wonder were I'll put them.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Hey FoShizzle

When is the next shindig?
I can just imagine a drunken single speeder being passed out on the hockey table cooling off. Or under it. :D
How far is the trailhead from the garage?
FoShizzle said:
thanks.....without a basement in SoCal, I needed at least one room to feel like it was my own.

the fridge is to the left of the pool table in the first picture (cant see in picture). Also, behind me when i took that pic is a dartboard, and a bunch of sport memorabilia / art. All I need to do now is put a keg in the fridge and put a tap on the outside :)

since that picture (about 2 months ago), I have sold the roadbike and sold the Rocky Mountain. Having a new single speed built and cant wait to hang it up....also, probably getting my wife a Trek Fuel EX7 tomorrow to add

cheers

·
Registered
168 Posts
Here's my '04 Jekyll 800, my dad's '94 or '95 Rockhopper, and my singlespeed '98 Rockhopper. That car in the foreground is mine, so I'm only in the way of my own passengers (who hate squeezing between the hood and my handlebars).

At school, I only have one bike, my IRO fixie, and it used to sit in my dorm room right where people would want to sit. Those chairs behind it are covered with bike stuff too. Now I'm in an apartment, and it stays in the living room, slightly more out of the way. Next year, I'll have a house with a 1-car garage, and the Jekyll and my upcoming roadie will be in my room while the IRO will live with my car for convenience.

Attachments

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
noslogan said:
When is the next shindig?
I can just imagine a drunken single speeder being passed out on the hockey table cooling off. Or under it. :D
How far is the trailhead from the garage?
good question....

I am hesitant to have single speeders over based on what I have seen of them :) they are a scary group...I am new to single speeding and am just waiting for some sort of "initiation"

trailhead is not very close but I can roadbike to the ocean within 8 miles of flat road....there a are however many trails/mountain within a few minutes drive

I will make sure to invite you over......unless you are a single speeder of course :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Is it OK to hang bikes from the rims?

DiRt DeViL said:
My sanctuary

3 bikes hanging from the wall, 1 on the workstand and 2 more bikes on their way, I wonder were I'll put them.
Seemingly dumb question - but - are folks sure it's ok to hang 1 rim from the wall? For whatever reason it seems like a lot of weight hanging on the rim for a 28-30 pound bike. Over time is this an issue??

·
Registered
339 Posts
My Garage

My garage from a couple of years ago. I've since sold both Bianchi road bikes and replaced them with a Giant Aero TT bike and a CYFAC Starship road bike. Also turned the corner of the garage into a work area. Hopefully the pic attaches ok, I'm kind of new at this.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,408 Posts
beeristasty said:
Here are my rigs. Couldn't bear to leave them in the side porch and my room was a little crowded with "golden boy" in there, so I bought a rack earlier this year. What a life-saver.

My roomate has taken a different approach. His clothes rack is made out of a bike!
Where did you get that rack? iwant to find one. I bought one from MEC a wall type and it leans against the wall and is was absolutley junk for 100 bucks so i took it back.

·
Don't touch me!
774 Posts
It's an Ultimate Velo Cache. Got it from REI; Performance also sells them.

·
Penis Goat!
804 Posts
Here's the one I just found on clearance at Bed Bath & Beyond. I have one that screws into the wall and holds two bikes side-by-side, but there's not enough space on that wall to put it. I think I'm going to get one that sits on the floor and keeps two bikes upright side by side. On order is an Ultimate repair stand , which'll go near the window.

In case you're wondering, that black thing isn't a derailleur - it's a plant.

Attachments

·
dirtbag
1,513 Posts
My mess of an apartment...

Hardtails on the racks,

Roadbike and dually on the trainer/repair stand to get them outta the way... I need a garage:(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts