Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 679 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,491 Posts
I need to take some better pictures.

Here's mine. 4" travel, 425 chainstays, pretty normal aggro-XC geometry. I need a fork with more clearance, appropriate rear wheel, etc... but it's the end of the season so I wanted to get out on it and enjoy the fall.

Screen shot 2015-09-17 at 11.41.52 AM.jpg

Screen shot 2015-09-17 at 11.41.38 AM.jpg

-Walt

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Salsa Horsethief; Mone La Roca (V1)
845 Posts
Silent 1a.JPG Silent 1b.JPG

Took these on the maiden voyage with my new Silent Cycles 29+ frame. The build is based primarily on the Jones geometry with a few small tweaks. Love it!

·
Premium Member
7,491 Posts
It was partially inspired by you and Devin and that sick bike!

I did 142x12. Kinda wishing I had gone wider in the back just because chainring clearance is stupid tight if you want a ring bigger than 28t or so. Then again, I don't think I need a ring bigger than 28 with these stupid huge wheels.

Braap is right! Just wish there was more gnar in Park City to hit with it.

-Walt

·
Registered
401 Posts
This is what I have been riding all summer. Definitely by far the most fun bike I have ever had for sure no doubt! Ha. But seriously, I initially went back and forth a lot on whether I really do like the plus platform. There are definitely drawbacks, but there sure are a lot of pluses (heh heh).

My 29+ by Adam Sklar, on Flickr

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My new Vassago VerHauen 29+. Color choice was inspired by Sklar's build... :thumbsup:

Whisky #9 Fork
Cane Creek 110 Headset
Industry 9 Hubs/Velocity Dually Rims
XT M8000 Brakeset
Thomson Cockpit
Race Face Turbine Crankset
Chupacabra/Bomboloni tires

12032118_961960573864481_5564674706919393488_n.jpg
29+ 2.jpg

·
Registered
509 Posts
This is what I have been riding all summer. Definitely by far the most fun bike I have ever had for sure no doubt! Ha. But seriously, I initially went back and forth a lot on whether I really do like the plus platform. There are definitely drawbacks, but there sure are a lot of pluses (heh heh).

Now that is a good looking bike.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Just picked up this ROS9 plus last week on a pretty good deal gave up on finding a frame when I stumbled onto thisone, loving it so far but already have an ROS9 setup SS that I really like made the decision real easy. came with 1x11 but riding SS style for the time being.

side.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Lefty powered krampus at the top of reveille peak tx. Tim at two 6 labs really hooked me up with the lefty mod. All new internals and super nice. Makes the krampus a beast.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 679 Posts