Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post Your 1x1s

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  raid 
#1 ·
I picked one up as a beater commuter and I now have much love for this bike.

My custom chainstay:

See less See more
#5 ·
icaro2000 said:
I have different bars on it now. About to change the front wheel and brake for a disc setup.
Nice!! 2 sugestions though.

*Pick up the no-turn washers for the horizontal track ends to help keep everything square and adjusted as far as shifting and chain tension.
**Looks like they're missing there??

*Pick up a Cesur Disc Kit to throw a disc on the rear too. :thumbsup:

re: https://hubstripping.wordpress.com/nexus-inter-8-shimano/

#10 ·
obionespeedonly said:

*Pick up the no-turn washers for the horizontal track ends to help keep everything square and adjusted as far as shifting and chain tension.
**Looks like they're missing there??
Actually the washer pictured on the bike is one of the no-turn silver washers that came with the Nexus hub. On the other side I have the white one in place.
I am still not sure If I have it set up properly or not.

#11 ·
Originally Posted by obionespeedonly

"Pick up the no-turn washers for the horizontal track ends to help keep everything square and adjusted as far as shifting and chain tension."
"Looks like they're missing there??"

Actually the washer pictured on the bike is one of the no-turn silver washers that came with the Nexus hub. On the other side I have the white one in place.
I am still not sure If I have it set up properly or not.

#12 ·
In this ugly cell-phone pic, you can see the other side of the chain stays where the white no-turn washer is placed. The silver (less obvious) no-turn washer is on the other side. I took this picture earlier today after having the new wheel and front Avid BB7 disc brake, touring bars, and oury grips installed. I'll post a better one later when I can find time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.