Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 728 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
A very versatile bike...

Be sure to post pics of your 1x1 when it's done.

Here are some pics of my 1x1 in the many forms it's taken over the years. It has actually spent very little time as a singlespeed.

29er 1x9:

Singlespeed w/ Large Marges and Hookworms:

2-Speed Winter Fat Bike w/ Pug fork and Endo front tire:

In its current form (2-Speed Fat Bike):

·
Central Ohio
20 Posts
I picked up this Surly 1x1 with a better-than-decent Marzocchi fork on ebay last month. I had it converted from SS to a 1x7. I added the racks and aero bars with my radio strapped to that. Took it out on the trail today for the first time since the re-build. The thing rode great.It's got a 32t up front. It could be bigger. I'll deal with that at another time. It's got some kind of wide Weinman rim in the rear, with a Rhyno-lite XL rim up front w/ XT hubs-2.5 tires, Maxxis in the rear and Specialized up front..What a deal! Next up is a new paint job. I'm hoping to make this my new Winter Commuter. Add some big 2.7's with perhaps some home-made studs. Awesome!

I had the LBS install a DMR tug nut /mechanical hanger. That and had the
rear wheel re-built. New shifter, new chain, new cassette w/ a Alivio rear de. They did a good job.

·
is this thing on?
91 Posts
its not often I find my self on the far side of the glass. but some times... a couple from a south chilcotin ridge line ramble.

1 - 20 of 728 Posts