Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"..only for you Obi!!"

So anyone not know I love 1x1's?-Duh. OK, I have a "small" project I'm working on for something special I'm doing. A calendar for marketing class. If you'd be considerate enough to either:

1. Post current pictures in this thread.

or

2. Post a link to the thread your pictures in I'd greatly appreciate it.

IE: Kallisti, Parde, Myself, etc. etc. let's not tie up too much server space with duplicate pics, link's are ok. Thanks!! This way I'm not spending hours searching and navigating threads. I'm gonna call the guys at Surly on Monday and ask for help too.

Shot's such as:

Driveside Shot
Side/Front Detail
Rear/Side Detail
Chainline Detail
Freewheel/Freehub Detail
Cute Thing Detail (mojo doll, sticker, etc.)

If you want, depending on the final product and expense, which I can post info and pics of, I can send one to you!

Thanks Again!! You all Rock!!

G

·
i am sure allison will oblige you with build pics of her Surly 1x1. she should be getting it in the next week or so. she got a white one and can't wait to get it and build it up in the garage.

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Definitely...

How about a "play by play"? Try to post some without onyone in the picture, with an uncluttered background, so they'll reprint clean. If you (anyone) submit more than one picture, I may end up using it in a collage format, so try to get some good and great pics. (I may turn this into a voting contest for what makes it to the final 13 shots.)

I guess individual parts shots on a clean background would be ok too.

I really want this to be turn out as professional as possible. This is for a upper division class, so I really appreciate any effort you give everyone!

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks..keep posting everyone...

aword4you said:
When's it due?Sounds like a cool project!
I'm trying to "explore the avenues open to me", "exploit my resources", and "kiss-up", to use a few business terms. I've contacted some people, and also will be speaking to my instructor/prof next week to see how soon, is soon. I'm sure I'm allowing enough time so, if need be the "It'll be way better if I have a little more time" explanation can be used if needed. I'm sure anyone who's majored, or minored in business or gone through college can identify with me here.

TR, thanks a lot for the shots!! I already, ummm, how do i put it, "plagerized" your sunset picture, that one's slated for the spring months. I love the way it "feels" and "moves". Excellent shots, if you have some friends with 1x1's get some more. You'll get due credit in my resource listing!

Oh, yeah, everyone, I'll be listing you as the resource for the picture(s). No email, or private listing stuff, just this thread as the reference, so you don't have to worry. As far as a "cool project", definitely, I still can't believe I was able to get this far with it and have it allowed. I'm always amazed that I still feel enthusiastic about business and marketing stuff after working in retail and dealing with school for so long.

edit: Now that i think about all this, I wonder if he'd of let me do a nudie calendar?

-just kidding :D

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
aword4you said:
I should have my frame tomorrow. Will be taking it out to Gooseberry Mesa this weekend, and should have a few good shots (I hope!)
Detail shots wanted.

Beauty Shots like TR's are good too!

Enjoy the ride first. Pictures second. Remember that and you'll always smile when you ride.

I look forward to seeing them!

[edit]... p.s. be sure to resize the pics to an easily viewable size.(IE: Don't make the mistake I made in another thread. 500 or 600's good enough. Thanks!)

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Look ma, no brakes!

Currently using a Gusset 1er on the rear as it's a regular hub. Also a regular chain with links taken out, and a stock LX crankset modified for a single chain ring.

On the trail:

G

·
extra front brake cable...

when installing the breaks on allison's surly i left a bunch of extra cable on the front because i wasn't sure how much different the Fox shock will be. didn't want the cables to be too short...

hopefully the Ventana lower headset race will come in this week and i will be able to fix the cable length so allison can have rigid or HT when she wants em.

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thread Bump...

OK I'm not seeing a new "Green" one yet. Who's got one?? For that matter, who's done some "custom" paint/color work to their 1x1?

Beuler, Beuler?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.