Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets see em:thumbsup:, ill post pics tomorrow, my camera is in the shop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,776 Posts
airrick said:
lets see em:thumbsup:, ill post pics tomorrow, my camera is in the shop
How's this? Modded enough?

Specialized Ultimate frame...
Judy FSX Fork with englund air cartridges
Profile Carbon Cranks and Boone Ti 36 tooth chainring -
Avid Single Digit Ultimate brakes
Bontrager Ceramic Race Lite Wheels (King hubs!)
Thomson X2 Stem and Masterpiece Seatpost
Toupe Saddle
Shimano 12-27 Cassette 1x9
SRAM X.0 Derraileur and shifter
Oh yeah and it weighs 18 lbs
And is signed by ned overend
 

Attachments

·
The Other Dude
Joined
·
3,080 Posts
this is going to be an interesting threat to see what people considered "modded" but here are my too "modded" bike, the SX Trail:



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,355 Posts
bhsavery said:
How's this? Modded enough?

Specialized Ultimate frame...
Judy FSX Fork with englund air cartridges
Profile Carbon Cranks and Boone Ti 36 tooth chainring -
Avid Single Digit Ultimate brakes
Bontrager Ceramic Race Lite Wheels (King hubs!)
Thomson X2 Stem and Masterpiece Seatpost
Toupe Saddle
Shimano 12-27 Cassette 1x9
SRAM X.0 Derraileur and shifter
Oh yeah and it weighs 18 lbs
And is signed by ned overend
Dude, that is a piece of art, I would feel bad ridding it!
 

·
thecentralscrutinizer
Joined
·
2,992 Posts
STOCK:
06 Stumpy FSR, med.
Fox Float RL fork
front wheel

Modded:
Fox RP23
Bontrager x-lite carbon bar
Thomson stem and post
Hope seat clamp and rear hub
XT cranks and BB, 7701 chain
540 pedals
Selle Italia seat Ti rails
XT shifters
XTR frt. der.
XT 11-32 cass.
Salsa skewers
ODI grips
Conti Expl. SS w/ Performance lite tubes
Avid 1.9 Speed dial levers
Avid clean sweep 185/160 rotors

I knew I should have just built the bike in the first place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
712 Posts
jut8 said:
this is going to be an interesting threat to see what people considered "modded" but here are my too "modded" bike, the SX Trail:



So you CAN run a Hopey with those new forks! Cool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
Here is my modded beast

'06 Stumpjumper FSR S-Works

  • Fox 32 Talas RLC 140mm Forks
  • Thomson Elite Stem 90mm
  • Thomson Elite Seatpost 367mm
  • WTB Pure Saddle
  • Custom Hope Mono M4 Brakes -
    • Braided Hoses
    • Floating Rotors - 180mm Front, 160mm Rear
    • custom levers
    • custom bore caps
  • Shimano XT Hollowtech2 Chainset
  • SRAM X-0 Triggers + Rear Der
  • Shimano XT Front Der
  • SRAM PC991 Chain
  • SRAM PG990 11-34 Cassette
  • Easton Monkeylite CNT Low-Riser Bars
  • Yeti Grips
  • Mavic XC717 Rims on Shimano Deore Hubs
  • Kenda Nevegal 2.1/Blue Groove 2.1 Tyres
  • Downhill Tubes
To Come:

New wheels, although the Deore hubs have not broken or failed in any way, they don't really befit the rest of the bike, so I am thinking Hope Pro3 Straight Pull hubs or maybe I9's..
Tubeless Kit - Stans should be coming soon, along with a new set of tyres (I will use the same setup).
New Hope Mono M4's, custom fitted out.

:thumbsup:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,776 Posts
anand said:
Dude, that is a piece of art, I would feel bad ridding it!
I know how you feel! But look at it right there... isn't it just begging to be ridden?? I can't say no and leave it inside!

Looks even cooler with the boone front ring now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
898 Posts
Well I guess I can't really claim that my Demo 8 is modified as it was built up from a frame only anyway. However, I have had the shock heavily modified to include Push internas, custom valving and a Ti spring. I have to say, that the shock modifications are a paradigm shift. The Push tuning is amazing, giving the bike loads more grip in corners and helping to keep it upright through fast g-outs. Well worth the money, infact it's the most significant £130 I've ever spent upgrading a bike.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,834 Posts
'01 Stumpy FSRXC set up for "trail ridin", no pics but a quick upgrade list:

- Shock - 6.5x1.5 Float R AVA Propedal (raised back end and pedal smack happens less)
- Fork - '05 Minute 3:00 (130mm needed to match increased rear height/travel)
- Brakes - Formula B4, 180 F/160 R rotors.
- Wheels - Deore/Mavic X317
- Carbon flat bar, light stem, bar ends.
- WTB Laser Ti saddle
- straight seatpost
- etc

Weighs 28-29lbs depending on tires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
Can a lower HA compensate longer travel rear shock to keep the original geometry?

I'm planning to change my current rear shock of my 05 Enduro Comp, a Fox Float R, with 190mm eye-to-eye, for a Swinger 3 with 200mm eye-2-eye.

Considering turn the link for the 69,5 degrees Headtube angle position, do you guys think it will compensate the longer shock and keep the geometry? At start, it seems so, and I can still get 10mm+ of travel, but I'm still wondering. :skep: Will it keep the BB clearence from the ground as before, or will it set to new headtube angle and botom bracket height? Did anyone have already tested something alike? :confused:

It is currently set to a 70,5 degrees HA with the Float shock. And the BB height is more for a trail tune than for a FR hoop with this setting. I'd hate to have my bike center lowered, since I ride through nasty trails and need some climbing power.

Any tips or ideas?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my do it all bike (i guess that is without saying seeing how its my only bike)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
 

·
Life is Good
Joined
·
1,494 Posts
tonys102 said:
'06 Stumpjumper FSR S-Works

  • Fox 32 Talas RLC 140mm Forks
  • Thomson Elite Stem 90mm
  • Thomson Elite Seatpost 367mm
  • WTB Pure Saddle
  • Custom Hope Mono M4 Brakes -
    • Braided Hoses
    • Floating Rotors - 180mm Front, 160mm Rear
    • custom levers
    • custom bore caps
  • Shimano XT Hollowtech2 Chainset
  • SRAM X-0 Triggers + Rear Der
  • Shimano XT Front Der
  • SRAM PC991 Chain
  • SRAM PG990 11-34 Cassette
  • Easton Monkeylite CNT Low-Riser Bars
  • Yeti Grips
  • Mavic XC717 Rims on Shimano Deore Hubs
  • Kenda Nevegal 2.1/Blue Groove 2.1 Tyres
  • Downhill Tubes
To Come:

New wheels, although the Deore hubs have not broken or failed in any way, they don't really befit the rest of the bike, so I am thinking Hope Pro3 Straight Pull hubs or maybe I9's..
Tubeless Kit - Stans should be coming soon, along with a new set of tyres (I will use the same setup).
New Hope Mono M4's, custom fitted out.

:thumbsup:
Very nice bike!


Original form


As is now.

Everything is new except for the brakes and suspension which are still going strong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Specialized Enduro Elite Brain 2005 (stock)
Fox Enduro Brain (stock)
Fox RL Talas (stock)
Hope Mono M4 200/185 mm
Shimano XTR FD-M960 front derailleur
SRAM X.0 (2005) long cage rear derailleur
SRAM X.0 triggers
SRAM PG-980 (11-32) cassette
Sunrace CNM93 chain
Shimano Hollowtech II Deore XT 22-32-44 (RaceFace Race Rings) FC-M760
SunRace JuJu MZ Hubs, Titanium skewers
Mavic XM-321 Disc rims
DT Champion 2,0 mm spokes
1 1/8 Cane Creek Aheadset (stock) -> CK NoThreadSet
Thomson Elite 30,9 mm seatpost
Specialized 3-D CNC 8° 31,8mm stem (stock)
Specialized S-Works Carbon XC-riser 640mm 31,8 mm handlebar
RaceFace Lock-On grips
Nokian NBX Lite S 2.2" tyres
Maxxis Flyweight tubes
SDG Ti-Fly saddle
Shimano PD-M520 pedals
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
jeppe said:
Specialized Enduro Elite Brain 2005 (stock)
Fox Enduro Brain (stock)
Fox RL Talas (stock)
Hope Mono M4 200/185 mm
Shimano XTR FD-M960 front derailleur
SRAM X.0 (2005) long cage rear derailleur
SRAM X.0 triggers
SRAM PG-980 (11-32) cassette
Sunrace CNM93 chain
Shimano Hollowtech II Deore XT 22-32-44 (RaceFace Race Rings) FC-M760
SunRace JuJu MZ Hubs, Titanium skewers
Mavic XM-321 Disc rims
DT Champion 2,0 mm spokes
1 1/8 Cane Creek Aheadset (stock) -> CK NoThreadSet
Thomson Elite 30,9 mm seatpost
Specialized 3-D CNC 8° 31,8mm stem (stock)
Specialized S-Works Carbon XC-riser 640mm 31,8 mm handlebar
RaceFace Lock-On grips
Nokian NBX Lite S 2.2" tyres
Maxxis Flyweight tubes
SDG Ti-Fly saddle
Shimano PD-M520 pedals
Once the new parts arrive:

Specialized Enduro Elite Brain 2005 (stock)
Fox Enduro Brain (stock)
Fox RL Talas (stock)
Formula Oro Puro 180 mm/160 mm brakes
Shimano XTR FD-M960 front derailleur
SRAM X.0 (2005) long cage rear derailleur
SRAM X.0 triggers - Avid Matchmaker clamps
Shimano 2008 CS-M770 (11-32) cassette
Shimano CN 7701 Dura-Ace/XTR chain
Shimano Hollowtech II Deore XT 22-32-44 (RaceFace Race Rings) FC-M760
Hope Pro II Disc Hubs, American Classic Titanium skewers
Mavic XC-717 Disc rims
DT Competition 2,0-1.8 mm spokes
Chris King NoThreadSet
Thomson Elite 30,9 mm seatpost
Thomson Elite X4 90 mm OS stem
Specialized S-Works Carbon XC-riser 640mm 31,8 mm handlebar
RaceFace Lock-On grips
Continental SpeedKing 2.1" Supersonic tyres
Maxxis Flyweight tubes
Selle SLR TT saddle
Xpedo Mountain Force MagSl pedals
Avid FlacJacket cables + Middleburn Cable Oilers
Noname lightweight seatclamp
 
1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Top