Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1217 Posts

·
\m/ \m/
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see them.

Picked up my SJ FRS 29 Comp last night. No rides on her yet.

Swapped out the seat post for the Thompson, wheels are set up tubeless. Weight 29.02.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice bike!
Really appreciate the pictures.
This is the exact bike I plan to get when it is available in Singapore.
What size is yours?

I'm looking forward to your ride report.

Chai

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I have to say the new 2012 graphics looks better in real life pictures. Not a fan of the 29'' but great ride,have fun !!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
That's what everyone asks me :D. Not yet,looking forward to it. So far just aesthetically speaking they're a big no no for me :thumbsup:
you seem to have quite a strong opinions about them for something you've never tried, I don't think your opinions are all based on aesthetics.. Sounds like me with certain foods when I was a child, I hated them until I tried them.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
you seem to have quite a strong opinions about them for something you've never tried, I don't think your opinions are all based on aesthetics.. Sounds like me with certain foods when I was a child, I hated them until I tried them.
Wohoo..steady on there : we all have different tastes in what may or may be not aesthetically pleasant. To me 29er will always be fugly bikes my friend,even the day I will step on one and I'll be amazed by it's performance. And cold cash will be dropped to get one.
A "test drive" with an Epic 29'' is due in dicember and most likely I'll see my beloved Lapierre X control 910 go by february to fund an Epic 29''.
I drive a Toyota Prius,a car I consider utterly ugly,but it's technological stuff and mileage capabilities outperforms by a milion mile it's questionable design. I would never drive any other car. Got the point ??

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Wohoo..steady on there : we all have different tastes in what may or may be not aesthetically pleasant. To me 29er will always be fugly bikes my friend,even the day I will step on one and I'll be amazed by it's performance. And cold cash will be dropped to get one.
A "test drive" with an Epic 29'' is due in dicember and most likely I'll see my beloved Lapierre X control 910 go by february to fund an Epic 29''.
I drive a Toyota Prius,a car I consider utterly ugly,but it's technological stuff and mileage capabilities outperforms by a milion mile it's questionable design. I would never drive any other car. Got the point ??
Hmmm you said this when someone posted a pic of a 29er
is still can't tell ......is that a 29'' ??
clearly you can't find them that fugly if you can't tell the difference.

and you've said
I don't belive the 29'' BS
Ahh those aesthetics

Back on Topic

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Looks great. Love the colour scheme. Suprised how heavy a lot of these 29ers are though. It's got to be a pound or so more than a 26" Evo Comp.

·
\m/ \m/
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone else pick up one yet?

·
memento mori
379 Posts
Picked up a large comp 29er on friday. Put my old saddle on,h2o cage and a saddle bag. Then trounced it for 36 miles/6 hours worth of western mass rocks roots and hills. The seat post qr didn't hold for beans,otherwise no problems.
I'd like to knuckle the weight down a bit. Got a fsa carbon bar,some king hubs that can be converted,lighter cassette,go tubeless and see where it ends up. I got a good deal,so another $500-$600 hundred would still keep the overall cost in check.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wow, seeing it in this light makes that bike look awesome. I love it. I was thinking of the camber earlier this year, but seeing this has really made me glad that I waited a bit. It is a bit more than I was originally thinking of paying buy that bike looks beautiful. The 2011 Stumpjumper FSR was awesome, but it really looks as though they have outdone themselves once again. Really diggin' that second pic.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My friend just purchased the same exact bike. He's questioning whether this indentation is from the factory or not. Can you please confirm if yours has this as well? A pic would be nice to calm his mind.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think it is from factory, the indentation should be meant for the Brain shocks.
However I can't be sure as I have never seen one...

1 - 20 of 1217 Posts