Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the project is officially started. I am LOVIN' 20" BMX bikes... I want to build one, but I also want some ideas on parts, colors, etc.

So... with that being said, POST UP YOUR 20"!

FYI - I have yet to see a thread specific to 20" bikes.

TY,
Aaron

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
i dont think there are really any 20 spec. posts cuz this is a MTB forum. but there are most deff 20" fans here.

but just buy a complete if you want a 20" there are plenty of cool bikes out there unless you want to throw down a key or more and build it part by part.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Not the first time I've posted mine but.
Specs:
Frame: Volume Deathwish 20.625
Fork: Mosh Brass (brake mounts cut off), this needs upgraded because I know I ruined the heat treat on the legs cutting them off (I may have used an oxy/actetelene torch and a 4.5" grinder...)
Bars/Grips/Bar Ends: Snafu Swinger/Fly Rubens (short both sides)/Fly Nylon
Stem: Mosh Digital
Front Wheel: Sun Rhyno Lite/Premium Hub
Rear Wheel: Sun Black Box/Mosh freewheel hub
Tires F/R: Kenda Kutlas 2.25/Primo Taj 1.95
Brakes (lever/cable/brake/pads): Diatech Gold Finger/Odyssey Slic/Diatech Fiesta/Kool Stop Eagle 2
Crank/Sprocket/Pedal/Chain: Demolition Aluminum/Animal 36T/Odyssey Twisted PC/KMC basic
Seat: Shadow Conspiracy Slim w/ Green stitching
Seat Post: Odyssey Intac (currently uncut, but it's going to lose alot of length shortly)
Seat Clamp: S&M XLT
It's sitting right around 29.5 pounds

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dude, its the urban, dj, and park forum. What else has 20" screaming all over it? Sure, most of the people here run 26" bikes, as do I. But a lot of them OWN 20" BMX bikes.

If you notice, thats where everything started from...

ANYHOW. I'll be building the frame, and am just looking for some hott bikes that are hella clean for some ideas.

TY,
Aaron

EDIT:: TY, TrikeKid for posting yours up. Thats a real clean lookin' bike.

·
40 oz to freedom
1,049 Posts
Dont have any pics of mine currently, but I'll throw up some clean lookin bikes:

Aaron Ross' bike, damn that sh!ts dialed:

Chase Hawks bike:

Blk_Bikes bike (BMX forum member)

And if you wanna see my bike think of Eddie Clevelands bike when he had gold spokes

·
40 oz to freedom
1,049 Posts
A few more for you:
Mike Aitken's bike:

Scotty's bike (gyro.... ick):

Captian's bike ;)

Aaron Ross' new whip:

Catfish's bike :p

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Nice rides to all of ya posting, love that Eastern.

Vinny, I just saw all those cats ride here at Chenga for Road Fools. Sickness beyond belief. Hawk and Aitken flat killed everythign in sight. Aaron was a little banged up so he went easy and Cranmer was working on one trick only...540 flyout flair to tailtap. It's really not even a named trick since it's not a flair by definition but it was ridiculous to see. Unfortunately we had a cookout at our place on Sunday so I had to pass on a great dirt session with those guys, would have been awesome though.

Question too, what rise and sweep are most of you 20's running on your bars? I'm thinking of getting some piffs and thought about going to 8" x ? Any thoughts?

·
Midwest Rider
126 Posts
Nice bikes everyone posted. Like your colors TrikeKid.

I went with a complete for my first. So it's cookie-cutter but way nice compared to the huffy I had as a kid.

Here it is stock after a couple months use:

Have 5050x pedals and new grips now. Getting dual cables all the way back and a smaller chain ring today.

Use it for street, park and flatland. I love doing flatland tail whips and fire hydrants! It's been great learning manuals on, my rear cable broke so I've been w/o r.brake for a few weeks which is really making me work the balance point.

·
40 oz to freedom
1,049 Posts
namaSSte said:
Nice rides to all of ya posting, love that Eastern.

Vinny, I just saw all those cats ride here at Chenga for Road Fools. Sickness beyond belief. Hawk and Aitken flat killed everythign in sight. Aaron was a little banged up so he went easy and Cranmer was working on one trick only...540 flyout flair to tailtap. It's really not even a named trick since it's not a flair by definition but it was ridiculous to see. Unfortunately we had a cookout at our place on Sunday so I had to pass on a great dirt session with those guys, would have been awesome though.

Question too, what rise and sweep are most of you 20's running on your bars? I'm thinking of getting some piffs and thought about going to 8" x ? Any thoughts?
Damn dude thats so awesome. I would love to meet those guys, I need to hang out at Trans AM more so many pros go there to ride the ramps.

And I currently run 7.25" bars 25" wide, Im goin to lumberjacks soon so 8" x 28" :D

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Vinny, nice bikes you posted. Wade and scotty's bikes look dialed. I actually got a friend who will sell me his captain frame for ten bucks, but it might be a little small at 20.5" and me being 5'10".

·
40 oz to freedom
1,049 Posts
That will fit you fine dude, pick it up RIGHT AWAY!

Edit: BMX toptubes run differently than MTB top tubes. I'm 6'3 and I ride a 21" tt which is a good size for me. You'll be fine on a 20.5"

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Vinny A said:
That will fit you fine dude, pick it up RIGHT AWAY!

Edit: BMX toptubes run differently than MTB top tubes. I'm 6'3 and I ride a 21" tt which is a good size for me. You'll be fine on a 20.5"
agreed, Im 5-9 and run a 20.75 and could easily ride a 20.5. Vin, I think the 8 x 26 setup might be right on for me. I run short bars now and think I'd like some added leverage at the djs.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.