Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
^ cough cough if you dont know anything dont assume things. that is a tonic...a very custom one that was painted white with and has a decal on the dt
 

·
Meh.
Joined
·
17,508 Posts
greenblinker104 said:
^ cough cough if you dont know anything dont assume things. that is a tonic...a very custom one that was painted white with and has a decal on the dt
Take a dose of your own medicine.

That IS NOT a Tonic. Greg Melms built that sucker. Note the rear dropouts... Tonic never used those... or the internal hose routing... Or the way cool integrated seatclamp. The GM has a integrated headset too. And look at the disc caliper... and where it's located...

Fall guy doesn't use disc - exclusively v. Fall guy has a 110 rear end, that's a 135 with a I9 hub. Fall guy sits on 24s... I think those are 26s (could be off on this one though).
 

·
I post too much.
Joined
·
6,445 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
Take a dose of your own medicine.

That IS NOT a Tonic. Greg Melms built that sucker. Note the rear dropouts... Tonic never used those... or the internal hose routing... Or the way cool integrated seatclamp. The GM has a integrated headset too. And look at the disc caliper... and where it's located...

Fall guy doesn't use disc - exclusively v. Fall guy has a 110 rear end, that's a 135 with a I9 hub. Fall guy sits on 24s... I think those are 26s (could be off on this one though).
Unless DT swiss makes 24'' rims, those are 26s.

Definitely not a tonic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
how much did that tonic weigh with the mags and hookworms
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,485 Posts
Formerbmx37 said:
how much did that tonic weigh with the mags and hookworms
Ahhh it was stupid heavy, like 37lbs. Those mags looked cool but would flex and the tires would rub the frame and fork. :nono: Later I ran a bunch of really light parts and carbon stuff and got the weight down around 24lbs. Currently it's a sensible 28 or so lbs. Good bike.:thumbsup:
 

·
SuperInstigator
Joined
·
2,169 Posts
OMG IT HAS GEARS!!!---:rolleyes:



MC Rumble 17 in.
Marz Shiver '04
FSA pig dh pro headset
azonic world force bars-2.5 in. rise
sette stumpy stem-50mil
Azonic Outlaws
Crank bros. cobalt bb
FSA pounder cranks
macneil/animal pivotal setup
sun zuzu pedals
sram x7 RD
sram x9 shifter
BB7s with v7 hayes rotor (pure awesomeness)
Avid SD7 lever (pure awesomeness again)
sram 960 something or other chain and cassette
panaracer fire fr 2.4s
season skaggle grips-they ARE brown

Full brake housing...ummm...I already moved one spacer on top of the stem because it was way too high with 3....these tires kick aaaaaaaaaaasssss...this is my first experience with outlaws on a bike that I've ridden for this long-best wheels for the money for sure...I love ribbed grips...

Rides beautiful. 'nuff said.

Oh yea, and I also have a Haro X24 backtrail that I'm upgrading with Profile cranks/bb, 25t sprocket, my first handbuilt wheel (Atomlab pimplite/odsy hazard cassette 12t), odsy monolever, duo rogue status seat/macneil post pivotal setup, odsy trailmix pedals, new grips, primo dirt monsters...that's all the stuff I have now. I will be getting an S&M Pitch XLT fork and new bars and stem that are in consideration now.

Here's a pic of it stock...


It will be teh shiz when I'm done with it-give me 3-4 weeks to post pictures. This bike will help me do half-cabs by the end of this year. I can thank BikeSATORI for his EXTREMELY helpful advice on parts (most of the stuff I bought was at first, his recommendation, followed by extensive research).

Tim
 

·
Bikes Rule
Joined
·
1,133 Posts
Greenblinker... What a tool. 5 seconds of research and you would have known that was not a tonic.

Here's mine....

 

·
Killer of Chains
Joined
·
1,800 Posts
That NS looks pretty rad.

It not so much that I want to own all of these bikes, it just that I want to ride them all to see how they feel...then I'll select one to own.

Until then, I'll just ask lots of questions.
 

·
troubled economist
Joined
·
591 Posts
A Grove-- Nice work there. Didn't see your original thread, but that's gorgeous. Like how the BB is nestled right in the chainstay on the non-drive side.
 
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Top