Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
One Colorful Rider
Joined
·
1,204 Posts
sean salach said:
how in hell is that rat ride still in such nice shape? mine looks it was used to mine coal.
For years I thought about painting it. I ride it mostly in the sloppy winters up here northwest of Chicago
Early this year I was in the Surly Booth at QBP Frost Bike. they said keepit and don't paint it. It sat all summer after a wet Snow ride from winter.My Chain was Rusted.

Last tuesday I took all the stupid stickers off it, tore it completely part. I used Meguiars SCRATCH X on the frame. ScratchX® removes light surface contaminants, oxidation, and blemishes while it enhances paint color and clarity. ScratchX is not a "cover up" and will not cause additional scratches to your surface.

I was shocked how nice it turned out.
 

·
(not that fast)
Joined
·
954 Posts
navgatr said:
hey normbilt, what tyres are on your rat ride?
Ditto, they look like the tires on my beach cruiser only fatter. I'm assuming you don't use those during your winter rides.

Normbilt said:
I ride it mostly in the sloppy winters up here northwest of Chicago
Where are the best rides up in that area? My wife has family in woodstock and I always want to bring my bike. Anywhere close?

Sorry about the hijack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Fat Bob said:
Awesome....

I want to build a similar machine, only I had a 1x1 in mind
the 3.7" tire is al big as a 2.35" wtb tire in 29"

the fork is a bit shorter than the KMs original fork (10mm or so)

i think it works better like this fork with wheel ar maybe as high as a 80-100mm suspension fork

.... i can find that out .....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
singlestoph said:
the 3.7" tire is al big as a 2.35" wtb tire in 29"

the fork is a bit shorter than the KMs original fork (10mm or so)

i think it works better like this fork with wheel ar maybe as high as a 80-100mm suspension fork

.... i can find that out .....
I'm currently running a 69er with a 29x2.55 WTB. The plan is to buy a pug fork and large marge wheel and run that up front with the standard 26x2.5 WTB in the back.
 

·
those are Rollercams...
Joined
·
1,894 Posts
Fat Bob said:
I'm currently running a 69er with a 29x2.55 WTB. The plan is to buy a pug fork and large marge wheel and run that up front with the standard 26x2.5 WTB in the back.
Fat guys must think alike!!! That's my plan for my Inbred although I've been thinking of going with a 46mm ECHO trials rim instead of the Large Marge.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top