Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are right...........

damion said:
with the Snowcats, lights and Float RL. Now running a 5th coil in place of the Float.
It is a Riddler w/cats. It has studs on it now as I did an upper hillside road ride the other day. Normally I run fatties. How do you like the 29'er? It sure seems like many people around here are converting to big wheels.

Dave

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
here's my 5-Spot

But its not setup for snow. I have a set of snowcat rims and a front hub, I need a rear hub and the wheels built. But I just bought the Maverick fork and I'm getting ready to get a new vehicle so I'm a bit tapped out right now, don't know if I can get the cats built in time to actually use them. I'm also considering a Karate Monkey for commuting/winter riding, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with the cats.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Let us know how the Maverick works out.

AK Chris said:
But its not setup for snow. I have a set of snowcat rims and a front hub, I need a rear hub and the wheels built. But I just bought the Maverick fork and I'm getting ready to get a new vehicle so I'm a bit tapped out right now, don't know if I can get the cats built in time to actually use them. I'm also considering a Karate Monkey for commuting/winter riding, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with the cats.
BTW it looks to me like it is time for some custom hydro line work. Is it me, or is the front a little short, and the rear a little long?

·
Registered
172 Posts
AkDave said:
How do you like the 29'er? It sure seems like many people around here are converting to big wheels.
Dave
"lovin' it!
Geared or Single Speed,.. it really cooks compared to my 26" SS.
I feel more like part of the bike when I'm on the 29'er.. 'Not all perched above it, like I was on my 26" bike.
The Monkey handles great on singletrack & seems to roll forever..
I'm running Motoraptor 2.1"s & was able to clean all the climbs on my ride yesterday.
They hook up really well, but I still can't wait for some fatties to be available in 29".

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is that an Airborne Ti fork?

Nice looking bike Bill. Do you know the axel/crown measurement of the fork? I did talk to Pat about a ti fork for my 26'er before interbike. I would guess the ti fork is stiff enough for winter riding.....do you recommend it?
Dave

·
Registered
41 Posts
fork...

Yep, I just got it a few days ago. It’s 475mm. I’ve only had it out on one good ride so far, but I really love the way it feels… I put some photos of it up on 29er forum. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=6905

AkDave said:
Nice looking bike Bill. Do you know the axel/crown measurement of the fork? I did talk to Pat about a ti fork for my 26'er before interbike. I would guess the ti fork is stiff enough for winter riding.....do you recommend it?
Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts