Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in the middle of putting one together and am wanting to keep it in the 23lbs range.

list the weight and a short version of whats on it.....thanks.

·
loco
246 Posts
Well, I probably take the record with one of the heaviest at 31 Pounds. That's with a Fox Vanilla Fork (locked out at 4 inches) Juicy 5 hydros, race face handlebars and crankset. some downhill headset that is more for durability, thompson seatpost, rhyno lite sun rims, xtr hubs, and a wtb rocket seat and continenatal tires. I think that's about it. I'm 6'5 and 220 so I can still throw it around pretty good. O'h, and Odyssey platform pedals.

·
Registered
213 Posts
23lb!!!

That'll be very impressive weight for a Blizzard.

My Vertex has almost 1lb headstart and by my calcs (I haven't been able to weigh it yet) its about 26.5lbs with Fox Vanilla forks, Hope Hubs, Mavic rims, XT components, Easton stem, Azonic bars, Flite saddle, Controltech seatpost, WTB headset, Hope disc brakes & 2.1" Panaracer tyres. I know I could save some weight but to lose 3.5lbs would involve spending alot of money.

So to get a 23lb Blizzard are we talking a SS or 1.9" with V brakes etc.

Fluff

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
Maybe pressurize the tires with helium?

My 19.5" 2005 Blizzard weighs in at 24.5 pounds with a Magura Ronin 80mm fork, RF ISIS Turbine cranks, XY0 seatpost, 120mm Deus stem, Syncros flat bar, XTR R Der, 7 speed thumbshifters, Marta discs, Hope XC disc hubs/X317 rims, Nokian NBX 2.1 tires, Selle Italia Flite seat.

My 2000 Vertex weighs in at 22.8 pounds with Fox F80RLT fork, Mavic Crossmax XL wheels, Avid Ultimate V-brakes and levers, SRAM X.0 rear derailleur and trigger shifters, XTR front derailleur, Conti Vapors, Race Face Deus cranks, XY0 seatpost, 120mm Deus stem, Syncros flat bar, Selle Italia Flite seat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
MIne weighs in at about 28-29lbs. It has a reba up front and the rest of the components are a mix of durable kit and cheap bits from when i was skint. I have some new kit to go on for the summer so the weight should drop about 1/2 pound. The main thing that adds weight on mine are the tyres. they are maxxis hirollers 2.3. They track really well and allow me to keep up with the bouncy bikes. But i switch to lighter rubber for racing enduros.......

Mind you, as i type, the bike is in bits having suffered 3 major problems on Boxing day! Bust spoke (pulled through), bust headset, and bust freewheel............ need to fix this weekend!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Any Guesses on what mine weighs?

Curious about the weight of this mutt but dont have ready access to a scale, any guesses?

I will post actual weight when i can.

2003 17.5 inch frame
RS Duke SL 80mm
Bontrager Superstock Wheelset
Avid Speed Dial 7 / Single Digit 7, with titanium front posts
SRAM XO twist and grips / 9.0 SL rear
Shimano LX front / Mega 9 rings / chain/ cassette / skewers / 535 pedals
Continental 1.9 twister pro with tubes
FSA titanium BB
TruVative Firex low profile Crank
Race Face XY seat post / air alloy riser
Ringle 110 mm stem
Ritchey Scuzzy Logic Pro headset
Lizard Skins chain stay / HS protectors
Techtro rear brake booster
WTB Rocket V Race saddle
Misc. cables and housings

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
26-27 lbs.
hovdeboj said:
Curious about the weight of this mutt but dont have ready access to a scale, any guesses?

I will post actual weight when i can.

2003 17.5 inch frame
RS Duke SL 80mm
Bontrager Superstock Wheelset
Avid Speed Dial 7 / Single Digit 7, with titanium front posts
SRAM XO twist and grips / 9.0 SL rear
Shimano LX front / Mega 9 rings / chain/ cassette / skewers / 535 pedals
Continental 1.9 twister pro with tubes
FSA titanium BB
TruVative Firex low profile Crank
Race Face XY seat post / air alloy riser
Ringle 110 mm stem
Ritchey Scuzzy Logic Pro headset
Lizard Skins chain stay / HS protectors
Techtro rear brake booster
WTB Rocket V Race saddle
Misc. cables and housings

·
Registered
48 Posts
ROG30Y said:
i am in the middle of putting one together and am wanting to keep it in the 23lbs range.

list the weight and a short version of whats on it.....thanks.
Mine is between 25 and 26 lbs., depending on wheel and tire combo.

Current set up:
18.5" frame
XTR Hollowtech II crankset
XTR derailleurs
XT cassette
SRAM grip shifts
Avid mechanical discs
Fox Float RLC fork
Conti Explorer UST tires
Mavic Crossmax SL wheels
Speedplay Frog pedals
Flite Gel saddle
Race Face seat post
Easton carbon bar
Lots of dirt and mud

·
Registered
937 Posts
about 26.3 pounds

18.5" frame
marzocchi atom race fork
avid sd-7 brakes and levers
race face turbine lp cranks
race face taperlock BB
xt shifters, derailleurs, and cassette.
King headset
titec big al stem
titec shorties bar ends
race face XY seatpost
race face flat bar
selle italia XO saddle
avid flak jacket cables
cateye mity 2 computer
ritchey pro pedals

currently using the wheels(Mavic 221's on Specialized Stout and LX hubs, Specialized Team Master and Control tires) from my old Stumpjumper Comp till I can get the cash to have a pair of Mavic 517's built up on King hubs. hopefully would be about 25.5 pounds with some Panaracer XC Pros.

·
johno
33 Posts
Blizzard Weigh

Mine weighs 26lbs

05 18.5" XTR ctr lock disk hubs, Louise calipers, DT revolution 717 rims, Easton Low rise bar, Race face Turbine lite cranks/Tokin Scandium BB, the rest XT, Thudbuster post,Gobi Ti. 25lbs with Eaxton carbon post.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.