Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas,

As has been noted before, I am in the market for a new bike, specifically an Airborne. I like both the Seeker and the Goblin but am leaning HEAVILY towards the Goblin. I would like to see some glamour shots of both bikes, more so the Goblin. You know...some nice closeups of the frame, handlebars, crank, rear derailleur, etc. - stock bike assembly if possible. Just need something to look at while I save the last few dollars and wait for my cast to come off.

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice ride CDM88. Love the matte grey finish on that Seeker!

After coming very close to pulling the trigger on a specialized Crave comp I decided that the Goblin was a better value. Just having anxiety over the sizing.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts

After coming very close to pulling the trigger on a specialized Crave comp I decided that the Goblin was a better value. Just having anxiety over the sizing.
Did you get with us via the phone or email regarding sizing? If not we'd be happy to help.

Jeremy

·
Registered
814 Posts

Did you get with us via the phone or email regarding sizing? If not we'd be happy to help.

Jeremy
Yes. Call them. Jeremy got me sized perfectly and I'm not exactly easy to size!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Definitely not glamour shots but i said back in the thread i made where i asked people to convince me to buy the goblin that i would post pics when i got the bike. I'm currently stationed overseas and Airborne ships to APO addresses. It got here in less than 2 weeks which was much quicker than i anticipated it to arrive. Also when adjusting the front derailleur a piece guiding the cable snapped off. I contacted Airborne about it and they are gladly shipping me a new one. Their customer support is ridiculously efficient and friendly. I'd recommend them to anyone. 20140423_120011.jpg 20140423_124315.jpg 20140423_233250.jpg 20140423_233636.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts

Jeremy
I can tell you that when I went into my LBS they had me fitting on a 2014 Specialized Carve Comp 19" and it felt good. (I believe SO height is 32.24" on the Carve).

I am 5' 11.5" with an inseam of 32.5". My arm length is ~25.5" with a ~26" torso
I'm basing these measurements on the Airborne website description for measurements.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I can tell you that when I went into my LBS they had me fitting on a 2014 Specialized Carve Comp 19" and it felt good. (I believe SO height is 32.24" on the Carve).

I am 5' 11.5" with an inseam of 32.5". My arm length is ~25.5" with a ~26" torso
I'm basing these measurements on the Airborne website description for measurements.
With your measurements you could ride either an 18" or a 20". Typically I would lean toward the 18" as you are at the low range for the 20", but if you liked the Carve Comp 19" the 20" Seeker is close in measurements. Standover pf the Seeker is 31.5" and effective TT is 622mm compared to the 626mm of the 19" Crave.

Hope that helps!~

Jerey

·
Registered
126 Posts
Goblin

Goblin(18) Inch

Added FSA carbon bar and seat post. Sun Ringle Black Flag Wheels..XTR SPD Pedals...Have not taken any pictures since adding the carbon stem, new saddle and running VR Tires

One of the best hard tail mountain bikes I have ever owned

Attachments

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Here's a shot of one of my personal Goblins, a silver one.

Jeremy

Attachments

·
Registered
814 Posts
I only ever carry my cell phone so sorry for the poor quality, but here's my Seeker at my favorite park.
Its not stock, but not far off...

Stock (except saddle,) immediately after assembly

After my new bars and seat clamp

Blurry closeup of the dropout area... with upgraded rear derailleur and brakes

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I'm going to go with the Seeker. The Goblin is a beautiful bike but the Seeker's color scheme just does it for me. Also, I think the Goblin is a bit overkill for me. The Seeker is very nicely spec'd and is also probably more bike than I need.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Goblin(18) Inch

Added FSA carbon bar and seat post. Sun Ringle Black Flag Wheels..XTR SPD Pedals...Have not taken any pictures since adding the carbon stem, new saddle and running VR Tires

One of the best hard tail mountain bikes I have ever owned
Any idea what the weight is after the mods?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I think we need to keep the thread going! Here are a couple from last nights ride - I have ridden this trail (Anasazi Loop) for a year and a half now, and NEVER noticed this old vehicle rusting away off in a wash that is well hidden.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here are a few pics of my Goblin. Just had it dropped off yesterday and assembled it. I rode it around to bed in the pads and discs. Then some fine adjustments. Finally setting up my bike rack to fit Gobby into place when I travel.

2014-06-18 21.09.07.jpg 2014-06-18 21.08.57.jpg 2014-06-18 16.52.37.jpg 2014-06-18 16.55.09.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts