Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

161 - 180 of 1623 Posts

·
ram
Joined
·
40 Posts
29er road tires?

I'm looking for some road tires to commute with on my 29er, having trouble finding some, anyone know where I can look online?
 

·
Jacob 34:19
Joined
·
508 Posts
TWS32 said:
I'm looking for some road tires to commute with on my 29er, having trouble finding some, anyone know where I can look online?
Surely you jest. (700c)

There's a few nice choices here. I kinda like the Big Apples. SUPER smooth but they weigh a metric ton. There's a pic of my BA equipped Monkey on the first page of this thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
TWS32 said:
I'm looking for some road tires to commute with on my 29er, having trouble finding some, anyone know where I can look online?
Just get a wide cross tire. Universal Cycles has a ton of them pretty cheap. I've got a set of IRC Mythos CX 42c which are big enough for light trail duty and on the road they are alright (make a buzzing noise at slow speeds). I'll show you them sometime.

I'd get something a little more beefy than a road tire though. like 30c-40c.

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/index.php?category=180

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCEqSection.jsp?sid=EquipTires700_28&eid=5098&menuItemId=9304

----> Borough is pretty cool.

You could also go with a Stan's raven which is fast and light.. but still a mountain bike tire. Or just keep the tires you have and ride the crap outta them. Your stock ones are pretty fast for a knobby.
 

·
US Army Vet-Airborne 11B
Joined
·
2,033 Posts
Ah...my favorite thread seems to have been reborn anew! I LOVE these "show yer rigid 29er" threads :thumbsup:

Here's mine,2008 Redline d440,only the the frame,bars/stem,seat/post remain stock. Coming up on it's 2nd birthday the first half of next month...




Sadly,due to old injury complications this year,she's been sitting idle since my last ride on 12-9-09...really hoping to be back on her by my birthday,if not hers (mine is a couple weeks after hers next month,LOL!). Wish me luck :)
 

·
Kicker of Elves
Joined
·
427 Posts
longhaultrucker said:
Ah...my favorite thread seems to have been reborn anew! I LOVE these "show yer rigid 29er" threads :thumbsup:

Here's mine,2008 Redline d440,only the the frame,bars/stem,seat/post remain stock. Coming up on it's 2nd birthday the first half of next month...


Sadly,due to old injury complications this year,she's been sitting idle since my last ride on 12-9-09...really hoping to be back on her by my birthday,if not hers (mine is a couple weeks after hers next month,LOL!). Wish me luck :)

SLOCAUS should be along shortly to scold you for putting a geared bike in the thread. I kinda understand the confusion because, well, there is a single speed forum. I lucked out when I posted mine because it was SS. But in the 29er forum I wasn't expecting the stipulation and misread it.
 

·
US Army Vet-Airborne 11B
Joined
·
2,033 Posts
120 said:
SLOCAUS should be along shortly to scold you for putting a geared bike in the thread. I kinda understand the confusion because, well, there is a single speed forum. I lucked out when I posted mine because it was SS. But in the 29er forum I wasn't expecting the stipulation and misread it.

Whoops :eek: . Yep,you and Dial Tone's definately right. Wasn't lookin close enough to see the "SS" I suppose. In my defiense (yeah,I know,cheap copout),I am pretty high on pain meds today from said injury complications :lol:

FWIW,when I'm able to ride (which had been pretty steady till this year),about 50% of it's on my SS,but sadly,it's a 26er :skep: :madman: :)
 
161 - 180 of 1623 Posts
Top