Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1623 Posts

·
Omaha Mountains
51 Posts
First singlespeed, first rigid, first 29er, first tubeless... sold a nice Cannondale hardtail and a really nice carbon roadbike to build up my dream bike... or at least my realistic dream bike.

Fullsize

You can see the whole build description HERE.

·
Shirtless Singlespeeder
506 Posts
2009 Raleigh XXIX

I guess I'll post the first XXIX

In action, one beast of a cyclocross bike but ya ride what ya got!

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Lets_Ride said:
Ok, I have to ask which Bontrager tire is that? I know others can see it and know from one tread block; I was born without that gene.

·
Registered
127 Posts
slocaus said:
Ok, I have to ask which Bontrager tire is that? I know others can see it and know from one tread block; I was born without that gene.
Bontrager 29.3 team issue. Came standard on my Rumblefish 2

·
Drinking the Slick_Juice
1,809 Posts
NUTT said:
Hellz yeah. If Bianchi made a "Houston" model it would be fat, slow & made of pot metal.

Is there much riding in T-dubs? I've ridden the cross bike at Memorial, Cypresswood & the Anthills (Terry Hershey). It nearly as fun as my Rockhopper 29er, but it'll get there quicker & get the job done.

Where this bike actually shines is on trails like the Buffalo Bayou Trail. I'm faster on the cross bike than on the 29er through there most days.

Alas, I live in Katy now & am hunting for trails. SFA SP is okay, but not spectacular.
yea there is only two trails that I know of here in the woodlands , Conroe on the other hand might have a few I would not want to hang around.

maybe you should show me around the Houston trails this summer:thumbsup:

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Lets_Ride said:
Bontrager 29.3 team issue. Came standard on my Rumblefish 2
They look much higher volume than a 2.25, and it looks like you have two fronts mounted there?

·
Registered
127 Posts
slocaus said:
They look much higher volume than a 2.25, and it looks like you have two fronts mounted there?
Yep. They are big for 2.25 and yes they are actually two fronts but that how they came specced on the RF2. I am not a fan of Bonty tires but these are awesome on the front and not too bad on the back. The big volume is also nice on the fully rigid

61 - 80 of 1623 Posts