Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
The Magura site should have info on that but I just checked it and they have made some changes to it so I could not find the adapter you need. They used to have a Technical support area and you can find replacement parts from there. Just give them a call....they'll be able to tell you which part number you need. FYI: Magura adapters are $$$$ and you can rarely find them for sale other than directly from them. I think it's going to be $25.

Edit: just went back to the site. Choose "Louise" and from there you can choose "Accessories". Your caliper is probably different than the new Louise's. The FR are at least 3-4 years old or so but there should be an adapter for a 180 PM. Give them a call to make sure you get the right one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mag Louise PM Adapter

I'm no expert, but I believe it depends on what caliper you have. If the caliper mounting arms are both short, then Mag does have an adapter to accomodate PM. If your caliper has both a long and short mounting arm, Mag does not list an adapter that will convert it to PM. If the latter is what you have, I would say that your options are to find a short arm caliper and buy the Mag adapter for PM, or find a Mag Louise PM caliper. Check Ebay for Mag calipers, they're listed from time to time. Also try ChainReactionCycles, it's been a while, but they had a pre-bled front short-arm caliper/PM adapter/lever for sale.

Good Luck!

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
You have a "long arm" caliper if you are going straight to IS tabs on your fork with a 180mm rotor. There is no official way to go to a PM fork:

You can, however, use the #3 adapter listed above (which is normally paired with a short-arm caliper to go PM with a 180 rotor) with your long-arm caliper and run a 203mm rotor on the Fox fork. The long-arm caliper basically adds 20mm of rotor size compared to the short-arm version of the caliper.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

I do have the lower long arm on the caliper. I knew I saw that chart before , I have been looking for that. Thanks for all the help. I will see what magura says, in the mean time I am gonna search for a caliper on ebay.

Thanks again

Sean

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
beer is knowledge

I was trying to stay away from that 210 mm rotor. it is like having a man hold cover attached to the front of the bike. So i was on my fourth sam adams and thought that if i switched the calipers front to rear, using the short arm in front i could use the #3 adapter there. Then get a 180 for the rear using the #16 adapter with the long arm caliper. Was there too much beer involved or is this so crazy, it just might work??

sean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.