Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
On your left.
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since doing an endurance race on Sunday I've had little desire to drink coffee. Normally I crave it morning and afternoon, but not this week. I could almost go without it and when drinking it don't get that same 'oh-my-god-this-is-goooood' sensation.

Thinking back I got a similar affect when racing shorter races.

I'm not trying to kick coffee, but it could be an interesting way to start the process.

Anybody else notice this affect?

·
Registered
408 Posts
coffee

I often lose desire for coffee when my body is run down, esp when I am sick I really cant stand it, but also after 24's. I think it is a great representation of the body's innate intelligence, if you have the ears to listen to it. When stressed you really don't need stimulants making you think you have energy - better to downshift a few gears and recover. Like you I really notice it because I totally love a good cup of coffee, I actually look forward to going to sleep at night just because I know another early morning with coffee is around the corner...

·
Blue Dot Junkie
391 Posts
Wonder if there's something to do with the endorphins or seratonin going on... When I'm riding a lot & doing well my desire for coffee & other vices mellows or goes away. (mine being chocolate, or beer-- but not together!)

·
R I D E S T E E L
646 Posts
Interesting. I have found that after shorter races, like a chilly road race or a tough, cold, cross race, I love having a hot cup. Didn't used to be a big drinker, but those bring in out in me.

I guess I'm not really addicted and generally go a day or two a week without it anyway.

Longer races don't have this effect on me, but I'm not really drawn to these types of vices. Just never really have been. I do notice I don't feel much like riding for a few days. Have to force myself just to get on the bike and spin, but that's another story.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Not a coffee person, mine is tea and I find I still enjoy a cup after a long hard ride. It's just something I relax with and slowly wake up with on a morning. Used to be a bad tea-a-holic drinking 6+ cups a day when in college, now I'm down to 2 a day and 3 on a few days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts