Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not that I want to give myself competition or anything...but the Cupertino Bike Swap is coming up this next weekend. It's put on by ROMP and it's for a good cause so...
http://www.cupertinobike.com/family.htm

At any rate, after I've had my fill, I plan on going on a vintage ride up Steven's Canyon. Great trails with a little bit of everything and very vintage friendly. If any of you VRC guys are going to be at the swap or in the area...give a shout and I'd be happy to play ride leader. The trails aren't 10 minutes from the swap meet I don't think.
Maybe ride somewhere in the 12 noon(ish) time frame.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
We'll check it out.

Rumpfy said:
Not that I want to give myself competition or anything...but the Cupertino Bike Swap is coming up this next weekend. It's put on by ROMP and it's for a good cause so...

I'll be bringing a couple of frames if anyone wants them. I need to thin out my collection. I'll bring one of my Scott CST frames,the one I had planned on restoring and a '91 Schwinn KOM Team that's a 14" frame,I think.It has a stuck post.I don't want to send them into the bike scrap yard. Fillet Brazed,if you're still interested in the CST frame,I'll give it to you.(not the T.Frischknacht frame..sorry) The paint has been stripped of paint. Hope to see you guys there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Rumpfy said:

At any rate, after I've had my fill, I plan on going on a vintage ride up Steven's Canyon. Great trails with a little bit of everything and very vintage friendly. If any of you VRC guys are going to be at the swap or in the area...give a shout and I'd be happy to play ride leader. The trails aren't 10 minutes from the swap meet I don't think.
Maybe ride somewhere in the 12 noon(ish) time frame.
I'm up for a ride at noon. See you there!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Rumpfy said:
Sweet! You and CL coming?

Are you going to be 'shopping' too...or just the ride?
Not sure if I'll be on my own... and I may be shopping, not for anything specific, but we'll see what shows up and what's left over after you make your way through ;)

/C

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok...well....it looks like weather is pending, but I'm bringing all my gear to ride anyway. If the rain holds off, we're good to go.

I say we regroup at the Swap Meet enterance at 12 noon if we haven't all found each other already. We can discuss what we want to do from there (shop more or go ride).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Rumpfy said:
Ok...well....it looks like weather is pending, but I'm bringing all my gear to ride anyway. If the rain holds off, we're good to go.

I say we regroup at the Swap Meet enterance at 12 noon if we haven't all found each other already. We can discuss what we want to do from there (shop more or go ride).
I'm hoping the weather is good for Sunday afternoon too... I think C.L. and I are going to try and ride on Saturday too, weather permitting. Interested? Maybe Kennedy or a few laps of St. Josephs?

/C

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sallen said:
I'm hoping the weather is good for Sunday afternoon too... I think C.L. and I are going to try and ride on Saturday too, weather permitting. Interested? Maybe Kennedy or a few laps of St. Josephs?

/C
I wish. I've got work on Sat...but I'm good for Sunday. We could dodge the wet...I hope, I hope.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.