Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey brothers to the north, NorCal forum guy here. Visiting a friend in in portland next weekend who is an avid hiker, but not really a MTB guy, but want to take him out for a fun ride. Going to try some sort of Post Canyon ride with him, and hoping to do some sort of shuttle to save the climbing. I've seen a few good routes down that are in the 13 mile range w/ less than a thousand feet of climb. Would like to descend 2k plus if possible.

I have seen you can self shuttle, but parking might be limited up top? Also, I have heard the city bus will take you up there, but that bike space is limited, so maybe park up top early and then just take the bus back up wo/ bikes?

Are there any local shuttle companies that are actually running, I can't find any.

Also, what's the terrain like? We are renting and figured full squish, but maybe a HT is fine?

Any other tips, or anyone interested in shuttling/riding with us next Friday, Oct 1st?

Thanks!!

-Z

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Realized i was mixing my rides up. I am looking to ride Timberline to town. Looks like there is a bus, and there are limited bike spaces. Better to drive up to the top and just use the bust to get backup? it will be on a Friday.

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
Realized i was mixing my rides up. I am looking to ride Timberline to town. Looks like there is a bus, and there are limited bike spaces. Better to drive up to the top and just use the bust to get backup? it will be on a Friday.
Space might technically be limited but when I went it was a big trailer that could hold a lot of bikes. How about if you plan on taking the shuttle with your bikes then if they don't have room you drive yourselves up and take an afternoon bus to fetch your car? I got on at the Rhododendron stop (8th stop) and there was room there for people to park their car. You could also plan on using one of the first few stops to make sure you have a spot.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Space might technically be limited but when I went it was a big trailer that could hold a lot of bikes. How about if you plan on taking the shuttle with your bikes then if they don't have room you drive yourselves up and take an afternoon bus to fetch your car? I got on at the Rhododendron stop (8th stop) and there was room there for people to park their car. You could also plan on using one of the first few stops to make sure you have a spot.

View attachment 1949295
Sounds like a plan, I appreciate it! Going to try to ride to the end of Bridle trail. That should be far enough?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.