Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2012 fezzari cascade peak which i quite enjoy but with me being currently stationed in Germany I have had the opportunity to try out some mild downhill riding. I really enjoy it but I feel that the all mountain bike that I have maybe reaching its limits with what I want to continue to do. So my main question is with the 150mm of travel I have now(fox float 32 rlc) if I keep upping the pressure in the shock, currently at 75psi, will the 150mm be ok on mild downhill trails and still be ok at slower speeds? I weigh 165lbs if that makes a difference. I haven't yet bottomed out the shock but I come about a half an inch from bottoming out on both front and rear shock on almost every ride I have been on and it hasn't been anything really big. So should I keep the Fezzari or sell it and go to a longer travel bike? Any help on this would be great.

thanks
Patrick

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
[some key things you said:
I am almost bottoming out - in reality this is almost perfect. You are suppose to use all your travel in your suspension - as long as it is not a big hit on it.

be ok on mild downhill trails and still be ok at slower speeds if you go slow you can ....you can ride pretty much anything on even a hardtail

I weigh 165lbs if that makes a difference. yes it makes a difference....you are lite and the suspension doesn't have to work as hard as a 200lb person. Your weight works in your favor

if this is your bike below (which looks way capable for light DH), then 2 things:

1) have someone set up your suspension to you

2) you might need some lessons for body position and bike skills

Fezzari Cascade Peak All Mountain Full Suspension Reviews - Mtbr.com

good luck

·
Registered
450 Posts
keep the bike. anything longer travel will usually be a pig that you'll hate for everything other than dh. now if you were to keep your bike, and get something burly for the downhills, thats proper way to do it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't afford to have both right now and I will not have space for two bikes until i get out of the military. I would love to have both, space permitting, but it was between a new gun or a downhill bike and the gun won that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts