Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes

Jeff, I would be interested. Somebody could make some dough doing this. I would probably pay $50 plus gas.

My parents drove last year, not sure if they are up for it again, partially because they can't provide outside assistance and partially because driving back roads of Iowa is not terribly exciting. -Brett

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some Details

Here are some details about the shuttle that were e-mailed to me by the person interested in helping out with the shuttle...

It looks like around $60 dollars per rider will work out for a pick up in Decorah and deliver them and their bike to Hawarden. We would leave at 1 or 2 so we will be at the pre race meeting. We are considering offering other pick up service if people decided they are going to quit. It will be proportional to where they are picked up. We will ride out in a van or a Hawkeye Stage bus.

We will further this after Registration. Stay tuned. Once those are registered, a lot move private e-mail will be used. So, if you register, use a GOOD e-mail address.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Even more details...

I have e-mailed back and forth a few more times with this person regarding transporting racers and bike to Hawarden from Decorah. Cost is roughly looking to be aroung $50-ish. He need 15 people to make it worth the effort...and no more than 54. Looking to use a huge azz cargo van or some other form of transportation. All the details and reservations will need to be set in stone by March 1st.

If you get into Trans-Iowa V.2 you will recieve a private e-mail on how to sign up for the transportation services offered by Decorah Bicycles.

·
Topeak-Ergon Racing
708 Posts
KERKOVEJ said:
Looking to use a huge azz cargo van or some other form of transportation. .
Call me a princess, but the idea of sitting in the back of a cargo van for 6 hours with 15+ others after that effort doesn't sound so appealing....but I'm sure we can get it all figured out after reg.

Eddie O

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Eddie O said:
Call me a princess, but the idea of sitting in the back of a cargo van for 6 hours with 15+ others after that effort doesn't sound so appealing....but I'm sure we can get it all figured out after reg.

Eddie O
There is a possibility that it might be a bus. The problem is getting you AND your bike there without causing carnage!

·
Topeak-Ergon Racing
708 Posts
Guitar Ted said:
There is a possibility that it might be a bus. The problem is getting you AND your bike there without causing carnage!
Understandable. Safety first....for my bike I mean. I have insurance ;)

Let's see if I can get off the trail in time to register first.

Eddie O

·
Topeak-Ergon Racing
708 Posts
KERKOVEJ said:
The shuttle is to get riders from the finish line in Decorah to the start line in Hawarden.
Just hope you make it back to Decorah by bike so you can get in your car and go home :p
My bad. I was think a post race ride and you are thinking a prerace ride.....I got it now.

Eddie O

1 - 13 of 13 Posts