Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Perpetual n00b
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious about where to live and where not to live in Ogden. I lived in Roy/Clearfield 20 years ago and it was nice back then. No idea what it's like now. My job would be right off I-15 in the Marriott/Slaterville area northwest of Ogden proper. Waddyall think?

Thanks!

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
I am fixing to move to Ogden in a few weeks from now myself and am looking for a place to rent. :D

·
Perpetual n00b
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Suppose I should elaborate a little. We are a married couple in our late 20s/early 30s. No kids or pets with no intention of having either. So we're trying to keep it simple.

I checked out the area east of Harrison. Looks like mostly 3 and 4 bedrooms available in that area. Way too much for us.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The farther east you go, the less sketchy the neighborhood tends to be and the closer you are to the trails. I would really look around for a 1 or 2 bedroom bungalow/apartment/duplex on the east bench.

When we moved to the area, we rented a place off of 35th and Washington. My wife was too sketched out by the vibe on that block before I got to town, and she bailed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There are also some great mother-in-law type rental spots on the east bench. Search KSL classified listings.

35th and Wash is busy and can be less than desirable for some.

If you like the feel/vibe of downtown, look further north around the Ogden River. Access to the mountain trails/bike park is good via the River Parkway Path. It is also an area of town that is undergoing major improvement and turning out to be a nice location - really easy to walk/bike to downtown.

·
Perpetual n00b
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice! Welcome "home." Settle in and then go ride! Or better yet, go ride, then unpack as you go. What's the rush, right?
I wish I had the energy to go ride! I need a day or two to recover from that 1300 mile drive.

·
Perpetual n00b
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First Ogden Ride!

Made it out to the trails this afternoon! :D

IMG_20140505_172749.jpg

IMG_20140505_175633.jpg

IMG_20140505_180030.jpg

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'll be moving back to UT in a few weeks myself. I'm gonna live in South SL since my new job is in Orem. I had no desire to live down there given the dryness of the place and the two colleges in the area as well. I'll only be a couple of miles west of Little Cottonwood Canyon where I'm renting. I can't wait to get back there...:)

·
Perpetual n00b
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice trail pics! Is that a Giant VT? I rode an '04 VT1 until last November and finally bought a new Giant Trance 27.5. I loved that bike and feel it was way ahead of its time when it come onto the market. Good luck to you!
Thanks! It's a 2008 Diamondback Sortie 2 actually.

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
I gotta do Thunder Mountain....I am sitting at the hotel in Green River as I type this...fixing to make the jump to light speed to get to Ogden tomorrow morning..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts