Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live down in the SF Bay Area, and I'm visiting Portland from June 5 to June 11.

Half of my trip is riding around the city and nearby trails, eating all the food, and walking around the Japanese Gardens & Powell's books.

I'm a big guy, and I'm used to riding a 22" Karate Monkey, 34x19, with Schwalbe Big Apple 2.3" tires. I don't want to rent a hybrid or a geared, front-suspension Rockhopper.

If you've got a bike like this that you wouldn't mind renting out, please contact me so we can work out the details.

The other half of my trip is attending Acephalix & Undergang shows! If you're into Death Metal, we should talk further.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Part of it is that I have to figure out how to get an XL Karate Monkey into a box that's 62" L+W+H, or Southwest will charge me $50 each way...

Part of it is that this way, I will talk to some people in Portland who are into Singlespeeding, 29ers, and Death Metal.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Part of it is that I have to figure out how to get an XL Karate Monkey into a box that's 62" L+W+H, or Southwest will charge me $50 each way...

Part of it is that this way, I will talk to some people in Portland who are into Singlespeeding, 29ers, and Death Metal.
$50.00 each way is very reasonable. Do you think someone is going to rent you their bike in prime biking season for a week for less than $100.00?

If you have your own bike you can ride with some other single speeders instead of talking with them.

·
On wuss patrol
4,955 Posts
The Death Metal part is a deal breaker for me. :D Good luck with the bike rental.

Buy a Dawes Bullseye XL online for $370 shipped, arrange a delivery address, show up in Portland with some tools for assembly, ride, sell for $300 before you leave town. Only down $70, you got to ride a new bike of your own, and everyone else wasn't down an SS for a week. Too much trouble?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts