Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone up for riding? i'm planning on heading somewhere (dunno where yet but i'm thinking about stub stewart) and tired of going solo. :nono: some of my roadie friends need to nut up and get an mtb! :skep: or i just make new friends... :thumbsup:

·
Live 2 Ride
6,048 Posts
I would ride with you if I could get up there sometime soon.

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
thumbprinter said:
anyone up for riding? i'm planning on heading somewhere (dunno where yet but i'm thinking about stub stewart) and tired of going solo. :nono: some of my roadie friends need to nut up and get an mtb! :skep: or i just make new friends... :thumbsup:

As Mr Charlie said, All Comer's Meat. You can make 50-75 new friends who love to ride mountain bikes, regardless of the weather.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sasquatch said:
As Mr Charlie said, All Comer's Meat. You can make 50-75 new friends who love to ride mountain bikes, regardless of the weather.
thanks, i appreciate that and had already seen that thread, did you miss the part about 'portland area'? i don't have time to travel very far. guess i'm riding solo again. :madman:

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
Me Too?

thumbprinter said:
I'd love to ride Saturday.

Does Stubby Stew handle the rain well?

I was thinking of Tillamook Forest, since those trails tend to handle the water well ...

I also am tired of riding alone. Maybe we can start a sad-sack club ...:rolleyes:

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
thumbprinter said:
thanks, i appreciate that and had already seen that thread, did you miss the part about 'portland area'? i don't have time to travel very far. guess i'm riding solo again. :madman:
Looks like I'll be going Sat or Sunday AM.

Post up what the ride is like ...

Maybe we can hook up for a ride next time.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its gotta be early afternoon on sunday for me.. sadly my schedule doesn't leave much room for flexibility these days. leeman if you ride saturday let me know how it is. we'll get it together another time...

·
Live 2 Ride
6,048 Posts
I usually always ride alone as everyone in Oregon seems to thing McDonald Dunn is trials for elementary riding.

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
Had a Good Ride: Nobody Out There!

thumbprinter said:
its gotta be early afternoon on sunday for me.. sadly my schedule doesn't leave much room for flexibility these days. leeman if you ride saturday let me know how it is. we'll get it together another time...
I decided to ride the beginning of the Wilson River Trail, from Elk Creek. I went about an hour then turned around -- enough for my out-of-shape a$$.

There was not a single bike out there, though I saw a few small groups of hikers.

The weather sucked on the summit -- sorry if anybody reading this rode Brown's Camp (Historic Hiking Trail), as it looked soupy up there.

Here's the Elk Creek gate (where I parked):

I didn't get many trail pictures, since I was having too much fun, but there's a spot that looked quite peaceful (sorry the focus kind of sucks on this one):

The trail was remarkably clear. There were a couple of spots I could tell where somebody had used a chainsaw and done some serious clearing.

Hope you have a great ride (and don't get rained on ... too much).

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the report leeman, sounds like a nice ride...

i'm gonna have to bag it for today after all, the combo of a sore throat and cold rain probably isn't a good one. *sigh*

·
Registered
108 Posts
Kona0197 said:
I usually always ride alone as everyone in Oregon seems to thing McDonald Dunn is trials for elementary riding.
It's because they don't know the good trails :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts