Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm an endurance mountain biker from Utah and am in Portland through July 13. Hoping to hook up with others for some long rides in the area. If you have a ride happening I can join, give me a call 435 210-0809 or send me an email [email protected]. Would also be interested in suggestions for long rides in the area if I end up going it alone.

Thanks,

Craig

·
Singletrack Addict
1,167 Posts
tcardwel said:
How long is long?
I'd say Mr. Stuttle here is looking in the 40-50 mile range and perhaps even something sick and wicked that requires pedaling for 8 or 10 hours.

The real question is how much climbing and singletrack?
A lot of the Big Epic stuff is limited by snow, but an assault up Dog River to Surveyor's and then up and over Knebal Springs to Bottle Prairie, up #450 to Fifteen Mile Creek down and down and then back up and up to get down to Bottle Prairie again with a possible looper on Eight Mile before the climb up and over Knebal to the finale down Dog would be a monster Hood Epic that should be free of snow. I'd hit that. Not sure when I'll have the time, maybe Monday.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Long is relative Snake, even for the endurance crowd. Got a hell of a long ways up Middle Fork two days ago, but it takes a 2.5 hour drive (if you're here till the 13th it might be worth it). Nothing all that crazy, probably about 40 miles as an out and back with a 2000 foot climb. The trail can be made into a 50 to 65 mile ride.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, and yes looooong is relative but Snake's right on and the Hood epic sounds perfect. I'm going to head out there Sunday and give it a go. If anyone wants to spin along let me know.

Craig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.