Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do mtb riders use to wash their bikes when your car is park far from civilization? Mtbr has a link to a power bike washer but the company went bankrupt. Does anyone know any other company sell this power washer ?

·
Registered
18,558 Posts
Picard said:
What do mtb riders use to wash their bikes when your car is park far from civilization? Mtbr has a link to a power bike washer but the company went bankrupt. Does anyone know any other company sell this power washer ?
If I bother to wash my bike while away from home at all, which is rarely to never, several squirts from my Camelbak or a water bottle is enough.

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Take it to the shower with ya!

Take it to the shower with ya! well i don't do it @ home (my wife would kick my a s s! but when i'm traveling and stayin in a hotel that doesn't have a hose! done it once or twice...House keeping loves it because they actually have to clean something! :D

·
singletrack junkie
117 Posts
it's not HIGH pressure, but...

Go get yourself one of those weed killer sprayers that you pump to build pressure. Any hardware or lawn & garden center would have 'em for about $10 - $20 depending on the size. the bigger one you get, the longer the pressure will stay up between pumps. Works great for washing yourself, too - just bring a old towel to wipe off.

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
Somebody on our local site once mentioned making one out of an old fire extinguisher. I couldn't tell ya how to do it, though!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Picard said:
You should never use a high pressure spray to wash your bike. It's a great way to blow water past the seals on your fork, hubs, bb, headset, and contaminate the bearings greatly reducing their effectiveness and lifespan. I NEVER use anything stronger than simple running water from a hose and a sponge.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The words "wash" and "bike" are oxymoronic in my vocab

use a rag, some solvent--like gasoline if you have a car--to clean the drive train.
Before I chose to disown my auto, I never washed that either. Such items are mere appliances.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.