Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,282 Posts
Looks similar to the MTB Hopper that Sam Pilgrim is always boosting off of. Check out his youtube channel

·
Thinking about riding.
2,169 Posts
I built three similar ramps for about $40, varying heights with the same radius. I'm far from a carpenter and it was stupid simple. Not quite as portable, but I've ridden all over town with mine slung over my shoulder. Worth considering at least.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow, that is pretty cheap. 1 sheet of plywood cost 35usd. I was thinking about building one myself but it wont but so portable. Anyways ordered it, will see what comes up. someone was bragging about the price, did you guys see pricing at mtbhopper.com ? these guys are from another dimension

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Yeah, those prices are insane. I thought I would play around with some, but not at that price. They do appear to be really well built and have some really nice ply, but I have other things that need to be funded first....and 2nd...and 3rd, etc....

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Yeah, those prices are insane. I thought I would play around with some, but not at that price. They do appear to be really well built and have some really nice ply, but I have other things that need to be funded first....and 2nd...and 3rd, etc....
I'm in the same boat on the cost. I will say for people who coach and do clinics they are a great implement to have though.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I'm in the same boat on the cost. I will say for people who coach and do clinics they are a great implement to have though.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I know a guy that does clinics and he uses them. He can sail off of them...

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Steven

Hey!

I was looking for a portable ramp too for our coaching school. I knew about MTB HOPPER, however I wasn't sure of paying the price so I bought Byclex instead(found on Google Shopping).
I regret that from the first moment I unpacked the byclex ramp...
It looks terrible, the quality is so bad I didn't want to use it.

I bought MTB HOPPER Bundle of ramps in the end. Love how they look and the design is perfected, smart assembly & etc. Turns out they offer free shipping from ~700 USD so we got 2 different size ramps & a bike stand:
https://mtbhopper.com/collections/bundles/products/pro-balance-smile

Anyways, maybe it's just my experience, but I recommend MTB HOPPER for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kicker

I got myself an updated Kicker, pretty happy with it. 700usd is not for my pocket at all. Maybe next time

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy partners,

Maybe someone have bought any byclex ramps? I was looking for a ramp which would be movable/portable and found this one Kicker | Byclex portable foldable MTB BMX ramp price look pretty good for my pocket but there are no reviews on it. Maybe by a chance there are any owner of it?
I've bought the GO and the Jumpy and they are pretty good! i also got the mtb hopper lite and bought these because they are a little less high than the Hopper, the Byclex Kicker is pretty much the same height as the hopper Lite. I cant help you on a review on the kicker but i'll tell you what i think about the jumpy.

I'm really suprised by the quality of the Jumpy (the go is pretty much straight forward) and its an amazing jump. It takes a little more skill and finesse to (dis)assemble compared to the hopper. By doing this the wrong way you can break some cut outs and destroy your ramp. They have a video on how to (dis)assemble, watch that before you start.

The ramp has no pop at it's lowest set up and at the highest just a little(i would have liked more). I guess the Kicker has more pop i hope. The surface of the ramp has less grip compared to the hopper, they have a patern all over the ramp. The paint job is pretty much the same. The adjustabilty is a little less solid than the mtb hopper witch also has a smoother system to do so. However the jumpy works fine. The feet are aren't as good as on the hopper, i think the could slide when you put them on a slippery/smooth surface.

So in the end... Byclex are great ramps, you can have alot of fun with them en really progress on your skills. They are so much cheaper (+/- 50%) compared to mtb hopper that I would say its a good buy. The ramps are still strong enough, portable and ajustable. But mtb hopper is in a league of its own.

I really hope the Byclex is gonna make bigger jumps and concidering the price difference buy the big byclex ramp instead of the mtb coach or pro.

Hope it's helpfull

1 - 18 of 18 Posts