Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions where to ride around Port Orford, Gold Beach, or Bandon at the Oregon coast this time of year? I'd prefer single track but logging roads, fire lanes, shared paths, etc. will do.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions you can share.

·
Www.rvmba.org
323 Posts
Non existent. I hear there is some stuff in Bandon but limited.

I believe you can ride a portion of the Rogue River Trail in Gold Beach.

This the best site I have found for trails for the Coast Bay Area. http://www.coostrails.com

Just S. of Coos Bay The Winchester Trails are decent. Lots of ups and downs roots and tech. Its quite the maze. I was able to link 18 miles worth of riding there last time.

The Blue Ridge Trail System is decent as well. Very similar to Winchester. Stickier mud. Not recommended wet.

Further N. You have the Eel Lake Trail in Lakeside which is fun. 8 miles out and back.

Even further N. you have Siltcoos lake trail N. of Reedsport which is ok but short and not really worth the drive.

Finally my favorite in the area is Cape Perpetua. 30 mins N. of Reedsport just S. of Yachats. This is a climb and descend. Great climb with a sweet descent. There is also a small freeride area at the very top if you can find it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sofarider is referring to the Cummins creek trail, which is really fun. Easy mostly paved pedal to the top. Don't ride the trail to cape perpetua- bikers in the area are trying to keep the trail access that they have, and riding that hiker only trail would not be a good thing. If you look up Cummins creek, there are Forest Service maps of the area. The freeride stuff is gone, but still a great trail.

·
addict
347 Posts
I just recently moved to Gold Beach and have found some decent riding in the area.
In the Gold Beach area there is the Lower Rogue River trail, Illinois River trail, Pine Grove trail, 333 trail, and hundreds of miles of forest roads.
Near Port Orford, the Blacklock pt. to Floras Lake trail is decent singletrack with a few techy sections.
That's what I have found so far, hopefully others will post up some other options.

Snow line is actually pretty low right now, Lower Rogue and Illinois River may have some snowy sections and the upper Pine Grove trailhead may be inaccessible.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Euphoria Ridge....

...Is a bit of a haul from Gold Beach (10 miles east of Myrtle Point but it's a good ride with several options (all climbing logging roads and decending singletrack). I've got a map and can help with directions or can ride as well!

·
Www.rvmba.org
323 Posts
tristan said:
...Is a bit of a haul from Gold Beach (10 miles east of Myrtle Point but it's a good ride with several options (all climbing logging roads and decending singletrack). I've got a map and can help with directions or can ride as well!
I have been wanting to do Euphoria for a while. Drive by it every time I go to the inlaws on the way to the coast. I have heard its difficult to navigate and that it is pretty grown over. That has always kept me from going on a solo mission out there. Might have to hit you up Tristan when I head back that direction.

·
Registered
60 Posts
yeah definitely get ahold of me (tristanhuff at gmail.com) I stay off the trails in the winter but it should be hardening up soon if the weather cooperates.

I've included some Google Earth files that may or may not be useful (and may or may not work)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.